Forum Performance - PLEASE CHECK IN!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbroye

In Sacramento, Califronia

Sometime it is slow but then all the site are slow
Seems to be about the time people are getting to work in different time zones.
I have ATT Uversese, braoadband at time it is ATT's fault
The site is fine right snappy and fast. but it is 1830 her and and people on the far coast are getting ready for bed.

Wife wonders if I am or on Planet Earth.

TimS124

What's your opinion on the performance of our site?
Where in the world are you?
Things seem snappy? Pages load quickly?
If you experience slowdowns, what time of day do they happen?
What type of connection are you on? Broadband? Dialup? Cellular? Satellite?

I'm in the heart of Silicon Valley on the Left Coast of the U.S.

Performance has always been fine for me. I'm normally on late at night left-coast time so the majority of the other users are likely sound asleep. I'm on right now earlier than normal and see 140 users (mostly guests) which I suspect is a light/reasonable load.

I'm using AT&T's semi-lame U-Verse with a download average speed of about 4.5 Mbps. Comcast would be much faster, but then I'd have to be a Comcast customer. :biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
UK, Wireless Broadband. Normally (above 95%) perfect. Can sometimes be a little slow or jerky around our busy local time 7pm ish. I'm sure any sluggishness is from our side, due to the time difference.

Howell, Mi
Charter cable
no problems noticed as of yet
I am a night owl, and usually log on after 12:30am. The site is working fine so far.
Now at 4:50 am, checking on snowstorm coming......

ALA

I'm using broadband in South Central Va. and every thing works fine here. The only improvement, like others have mentioned, is to move from picture to picture without closing them. That would be great if it could be done. Thanks for a great sight and all the interest in keeping it that way!

bruce119

I'm here in Florida got verizon fios high speed...Don't have any problems at all...
I like the site format so much I wish other forums (Auto/camping..not pens) I visit where set up like this...there vBullentin...But set up a little different...

In my opinion this is the best set up forum...

GOOD JOB

lwalper

Jeff, lately,the site runs beautifully during the day but after dinner, ....slow as molasses going uphill backwards in the wintertime. Slow to view different threads or load new posts...clicking on a show off your pens pic. Other sites load fine and quickly.

Thanks for all you do and having such a great place for us old kids to hang out!

Same here in middle Tennessee. In general, this forum is very good -- and actually a lot better than some forums. I think some of that has to do with the amount of extraneous ad images that load. Some forums load 100 pics, little vid and etc along the sides. You know that's gotta take bandwidth.

1.6Mb DSL here. Not the fastest in the industry, but generally works pretty well.
Google Chrome on PC

Last edited:

greggas

-In Boston

-Site performs excellent with occasional " cannot access this page" ( similar to what Workingforwood posted about a couple days ago) that seem to go away after a few hours

-Broadband connection

TonyL

Excellent on all three ISPs; all laptops and mobile devices. I do run into a loading issue using Chrome about 5% of the time. Thank you for all that you do.

Are you on planet Earth? Then I'd like to hear from you!

What's your opinion on the performance of our site?

1. Where in the world are you?
  2. Things seem snappy? Pages load quickly?
  3. If you experience slowdowns, what time of day do they happen?
  4. What type of connection are you on? Broadband? Dialup? Cellular? Satellite?
THANKS!!

1. East Tennessee - right up against the mountains
2. Everything works great, just as I expect it to.
3. No problems with the forum...
4. On DSL with phone company... using a Dell desktop that's over 10 years old.. still using XP operating system and Mozilla Firefox for search engine.

Last edited:

NittanyLion

Central PA and stuck with clunky Sattelite Internet as my only option. I use a Mac Pro, IPAd, and IPhone. This site loads faster than most and I have not experienced any of the problems recently reported. Performance is excellent.

designer

North of Detroit. Comcast 50Mib d/l that checks to be 52 to 56 on speed tests consistently. Dual Xeon processor HP workstation with dual GPU. The only time it is slow to load is when Comcast has a problem and everything is slow to load. I do have to clear my online cache if things slow down. Firefox 35.0.1 set to a gig of cache. Clear it and everything is fine again...slaps forehead... No complaints on my end.

I know it is a ton of work, but the addition a a "Next" arrow would be nice eventually. How much time and the cost is more than most realize I think.

Where in the world are you? sterling, va
Things seem snappy? Pages load quickly? Not in the evenings- reminds me of dial up days
If you experience slowdowns, what time of day do they happen? Evenings after dinner time is when we see it begin.
What type of connection are you on? Broadband? Dialup? Cellular? Satellite? Verizon fios using iMac, iPad, MacBook Air

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Milford DE, Comcast Xfinity Broadband via Google Chrome...hook-up is sometimes slow (probably because I'm using google) but movement within the site is usually fast.

scottsheapens

Lexington, SC. DSL through Time Warner. This site is fantastic. No technical issues, pages load fast. Appreciate all that you do to run such a fantastic site and service. Thanks

Jim

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
1.Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan (A Suburb of Detroit)
2. pages Load reasonably quickly.
Some problems with trying to go to the second or third (or?) page and getting a "forbidden" message. Same thing sometimes happens when replying to a message. Also sometimes when I try to access this page (penturners.org) I get an "Apache Test Page powered by CentOS" page rather than the desired Penturners page. Somewhat aggravating.
3. Time of day (or night) doesn't seem to matter
4. DSL (AT&T)

Last edited:

jaeger

Sioux Falls SD
Broadband connection with wireless router
Fast loading 99% of the time
1% Issue is probably when I'm getting to far away from the router and my phone is trying to switch to cellular.

Thanks for all you do!
Mug order and T shirt order coming :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Top Bottom