For sale, EXTREMELY rare, one of a kind pen blank.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ElMostro

Curtis, had it been cast in PR I would understand since the smell is about the same...but ALUMILITE? How could you? :)

(And I thought I had pushed the envelope when I did the "Frass" pen...my friend you are definitley way ahead).

Eugene

Hayseedboy

Been thinkin' about this one all night (insert bad dreams).

I agree with the Dare above but I would like to push that a little further.

I TRIPLE DOG DARE you!!!!

By the way, how did you keep the tootsie rolls from floating? I thought cats got lots of fiber these days...

lr

THarvey

Been thinkin' about this one all night (insert bad dreams).

I agree with the Dare above but I would like to push that a little further.

I TRIPLE DOG DARE you!!!!

By the way, how did you keep the tootsie rolls from floating? I thought cats got lots of fiber these days...

lr

HEY!!! Larry upped the ante. I like it!!!!

Curtis: Are you up to the dare?

Larry: He said these were "outside kitties". Maybe this one was a mouser and eats less fibre.

IPD_Mrs

Curtis,
For added effect be sure to feed the cat tinsel from a Christmas tree first. This way you will get some really interesting shine and sparkle as you turn it.

Also may I suggest that you turn it without a mask and your mouth open like you have a head cold!

OK this post makes me almost as sick as you Curtis. Not sure to be proud or ashamed.

Mike

mywoodshopca

Charlottetown, PEI Canada, Derby Kansas and Canyon
Last edited:
M

Mudder

Like Mudder (who is in rare form lately)

Dawn said that I was TOO blunt and that I was hurting people's feelings so I went and took a sensitivity class :eek:

I cried a lot and learned to be "kinder & gentler". I guess you can say that I've gone through a kind of rebirth, Similar to what Al (Docstram) did last year :biggrin:

How do you like the (New & Improved??) Mudder?
( this ought to cast this thread into the weeds very quickly)

tomcatchevy

Sometimes when I ask the wife what is for supper she will reply "s^$t on a stick"! Gives me an idea to make her a "s%^ on a stick" to write with! Could be an excellent Christmas gag gift! Maybe my brother could use one....:biggrin::biggrin:

ldb2000

Ok.. First off ... EWWWWW...

Secondly, congrats Butch! :) :) Curtis said the first response gets it :)

Third.. Ewwww... Not a good first post of the day to read - blech.

Great , I can make a pen with it and give it to one of my sons to go with the cr*py grades they got on their report cards . Curtis could you make another one for my other son please ? :eek::biggrin:

Jim Smith

They actually had an episode of Mythbuster testing the old saying "You can't polish a turd." They busted that myth so I guess if you stabilized it you could get a good shine on it.

I'd buy it from you but I already know how to make crappy pens.

Jim Smith

woodboys

Curtis, That's just wrong. You musta had a sh**ty day. I wish you would turn it, I think it would make a great pen for a cat lover.
By the way I like cats, but not THAT much. if you want to try dogs stuff we just got a Poo factory hence my new avatar. And he likes cats also.

sparhawk

cat crap.jpgWell Curtis, I guess you just outdid my Kitty Litter pen from last years Birthday Bash, Ugly(Most Disgusting)pen contest. Sure beats the crap:biggrin: out of me how to top it this year.:cool: Gives me some ideas though. Maybe a stabilized cat turd burl.:redface:

Last edited:

bad

I've been reading this thread and nobody's suggested it yet, so here it goes. Curtis, Have you thought about taking it to Las Vegas? I'm thinking specifically of the Craps tables.

Mr Vic

With all I've seen people casting here it was inevitable. I haven't trid resin casting yet but after seeing the Bucks Blank I considered how a "Horse Pucky" or "Cow Pie" blank might look...Dried and crumbled it kinda looks like oregano....

M

monkeynutz

I think that this offers proof that you really can polish a turd. :biggrin:

John M

I know this was an old thread, first time i saw it, but I would turn it if the crap was stableized? lol I think it would be a good gag gift.

elody21

Curtis,
If you need more of this special material I can starting collecting it now. Just let me know your address and I can send you all you want! Alice

ngeb528

I think I know who should be committed.

I think I suggested that was what wolftat was trying to get volunteer testers for.

I'm glad you stepped on, uh up to the plate. Obviously, only something a professional would try.

seawolf

I think you should turn it and send it to cat fancy magazine. (For the cat lover who has everything.) Might even get you a ton of special orders.
Mark

JerrySambrook

Hate to say this, but that still looks better than the first one I poured at Eric's today. My first ones ever, and cat crap looks better.

Probably smells better than the wood I was cutting the other day as well. I started cutting some blanks into tube lengths, and something started to really smell. I stopped cutting, and went looking for dead mice. Funny, every time I got near the bandsaw the smell got stronger. Openned the bandsaw uper area, nothing. Knelt down to open the lower areas, smell got stronger. Opened up the lower areas, nothing, but coming back up, the smell got stronger again. TWAS THE FRIGGIN WOOD!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom