First duck call

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bmac

bmac

This is my first duck call, so not sure how it's going to work out. It's for our cousins son who is graduating this year from high school. He likes to duck hunt, so hopefully, if it works, he can get some use out of it. If there are any duck callers on board, how do you fine tune the sound if it's not exactly right? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Bobby
Louisiana

Attachments

• IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 209
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The ones I have sold the caller tunes them. Each caller likes something different. It is certainly a nice looking call.

My experience as well... I've sold a couple of dozen or so and the callers all have their own way of working the sounds... being near tone deaf myself, they all sound the same to me... good thing I'm not a duck I guess. :biggrin:

mtgrizzly52

Go to the following web site to find out any and everything you ever wanted to know about duck, turkey, deer, coyote etc calls, including tuning.

Sweet looking call by the way!!!

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

This is my first duck call, so not sure how it's going to work out. It's for our cousins son who is graduating this year from high school. He likes to duck hunt, so hopefully, if it works, he can get some use out of it. If there are any duck callers on board, how do you fine tune the sound if it's not exactly right? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Bobby
Louisiana

check out customcalls.com http://www.customcalls.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

or tho game calls http://thogamecallsforums.com/index.php

My primary lathe fascination is turkey calls...

Good luck, turkey calls I could assist with - not a water fowler.

bmac

Thanks for the comments and help with some useful websites. Graduate recieved the call yesterday and was very pleased with it. He tried it out and was delighted with the tone and sound of it and said it needed no fine tuning as far as he was concerned. He also recieved a new camo Benelli shotgun, so now he's all set for next duck season.

Bobby
Louisiana

GregHight

THat looks pretty nice! It's way better than the first one I tried. I guess I should have tried something a little easier that segmented alligator jawbone...

Last edited:
Top Bottom