Fingerprint Pendant

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from btboone

btboone

Here's something a little different. A titanium pendant with a custom fingerprint lasered in. It looks pretty convincing in person.

Attachments

• pendantfingerprint.jpg
    pendantfingerprint.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 205
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

btboone

That is made from a photograph of a fingerprint taken with an ink pad on photo paper. I sometimes need to enhance contrast in Photoshop to make it clean enough to be converted to a vector file that feeds the laser. That is burned at full power and several passes to get the depth we want. The plate starts as a round disc cut from solid bar on the lathe and gets flattened and elongated with my rollers. After lasering, the plate is sanded to flush to remove some of the dross the laser kicked up, and then it is drilled and brushed. It's a surprisingly cool look and should be very permanent.

Fireengines

This is not new technology. I have my father's dog tags from WWII and on the front is name and other information. On the back is a impression of his right index finger.

el_d

Pretty cool Bruce,

I need to start squirling away my pennies so I can buy a YAG laser ...... for my Grandkids. :biggrin:

That looks great-could you do a double sided one? if so maybe you could do a pair of pendants- his and hers- kinda of like a mizpha coin if you've heard of one- they would make great wedding /engagement gifts etc

Top Bottom