Double Start Taps and Dies in M10 and M12

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

southernclay

Hey Ty,

Are these x.75 or x1? I may have missed. I'm pretty uninformed on taps and dies so trying to learn more. I would like to go this direction eventually.

BTW, great job keeping up with all of this!

duncsuss

Hey Ty,

Are these x.75 or x1? I may have missed. I'm pretty uninformed on taps and dies so trying to learn more. I would like to go this direction eventually.

Yes indeed -- Ty's doing a great job shepherding this group of buyers :)

Looking back to the original mention of double-start taps (in the research thread), the M10 was listed as 0.75 pitch and the M12 as 0.8 pitch.

LINK to that post.

Last edited:

jyreene

Hey Ty,

Yes indeed -- Ty's doing a great job shepherding this group of buyers :)

Looking back to the original mention of double-start taps (in the research thread), the M10 was listed as 0.75 pitch and the M12 as 0.8 pitch.

LINK to that post.

Beat me to it. Thanks.

If it's not too late I'd like both sizes in dies, bottom and plug taps please.

Not too late. Added.

Here's the updated excel sheet.

Attachments

• Group Buy Official - excel version.xls
    12 KB · Views: 195

jyreene

Sorry to be a bother but could you please add a bottoming tap in both sizes for me. Thanks again for doing this!

Added and no bother. Just waiting on Donovan to respond regarding his order. Spread sheet is up to date otherwise.

Just a reminder that the buy closes to orders Tuesday, 19 August at 8:00 PM Eastern.

Attachments

12 KB · Views: 135

toddlajoie

I've been away from the forum for a bit and missed this. I'm thinking of getting in on it, but reading through the whole thread, I'm not !00% certain of the cost with the different types of taps being added and (less an issue) the numbers going up...

Originally posted:
{cut}
Here is the cost break down at the 12 pc price break:
M10 double tap

M10 double die

M12 double tap

M12 double die

M10 double set

M12 double set
{cut}

I'm interested in either one or both sizes with die and plug taps, depending on the price with the bigger discount. Sorry for being late to the party and walking in with questions...

Looks like I have until Tuesday to jump the fence, but just in case I misunderstood that and the doors are closing early, put me in for:

M10 Die
M10 Plug Tap

Depending on the above information, and having time to adjust, I may add the M12 in.

jyreene

I've been away from the forum for a bit and missed this. I'm thinking of getting in on it, but reading through the whole thread, I'm not !00% certain of the cost with the different types of taps being added and (less an issue) the numbers going up...

Originally posted:
{cut}
Here is the cost break down at the 12 pc price break:
M10 double tap

M10 double die

M12 double tap

M12 double die

M10 double set

M12 double set
{cut}

I'm interested in either one or both sizes with die and plug taps, depending on the price with the bigger discount. Sorry for being late to the party and walking in with questions...

Looks like I have until Tuesday to jump the fence, but just in case I misunderstood that and the doors are closing early, put me in for:

M10 Die
M10 Plug Tap

Depending on the above information, and having time to adjust, I may add the M12 in.

Here is the current break down:

We have more than 12 per size of die but that is the last price break for dies:

[FONT=&quot]M10-75 Double Lead HS 1"OD for $49.00 plus $67.00 tooling charge (split across all the current buyers).
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]M12-.8 Double Lead HS 1"OD for $45.50 plus $70 tooling charge (split across all current buyers).

Taps keeps going. We are currently at 48 plus for each:
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]M10-.75 double lead
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]48 pc 26.55ea[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]72pc 24.20ea[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]M12-.8 double lead[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]48 pc 33.55ea[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]72pc 31.70ea

So if you wanted just a set of M10 (one tap only) you would be paying roughly:
One tap: $77.18
Two taps: $103.73
Three taps: $130.28

M12:
One tap: $80.94
Two taps: $114.49
Three taps: $148.04

I've updated the spread sheet to do some rough calculations of price for each person I add. The only real change will come at the next price break (72 taps each size) and a few cents each new person that signs up because of the tooling breakdown.
[/FONT]

Attachments

14 KB · Views: 179

wyone

this is such a HUGE deal.. but I am really new at this. and have not turned a single fountain pen yet, but hope to in the future. I just have no idea what would be a good starter set for me. The discount is huge compared to the retail price and I would hate to miss out. Any suggestions? Also... isn't a tap needed for the nib? as you can tell.. TOTAL Newby. but LOVE pens now. I will be posting pics in the near future. I have come a long way in a few weeks, a LOT in due to this organization. If I am not at work, or turning, or sleeping, I am reading forums. lol

Last edited:

jyreene

this is such a HUGE deal.. but I am really new at this. and have not turned a single fountain pen yet, but hope to in the future. I just have no idea what would be a good starter set for me. The discount is huge compared to the retail price and I would hate to miss out. Any suggestions? Also... isn't a tap needed for the nib? as you can tell.. TOTAL Newby. but LOVE pens now. I will be posting pics in the near future. I have come a long way in a few weeks, a LOT in due to this organization. If I am not at work, or turning, or sleeping, I am reading forums. lol

They aren't just for fountain pens. I prefer rollerball anyways. I just need to learn how to make my own metal nose cones. Though I've seen many great ones from the material.

If you want to jump into this you would need more than just the taps and dies. You would need a way to hold the die and a drill chuck. A tap is also needed for the nib unless you go antique style and press and glue it in. These are generally for cap to body but can be used for more.

I would take a look at the library. There's a good tutorial on kitless that will help you know the wonderful rabbit hole this leads to.

jyreene

Okay updated. If we get 72 taps for each it's almost like getting a free tap if you are already buying two. No pressure just did some number crunching.

Attachments

16.5 KB · Views: 146

edstreet

Okay updated. If we get 72 taps for each it's almost like getting a free tap if you are already buying two. No pressure just did some number crunching.

Since I was the one who pointed this out to you I figured I would go first.

Put me down for all 3 taps in both M10 and M12.

That is:
M10 taper tap, plug tap, bottom tap, die.
M12 taper tap, plug tap, bottom tap, die.

My cost change would be + $17.50 fyi :)

Dan Masshardt

Ty - if it helps us get there, I'll add another tap to my order.

For 12mm, switch from plug only to taper and bottoming.

If it doesn't help...

jyreene

Updated. We are now 1 shy on the M10s and 9 shy on the M12s.

Ty - if it helps us get there, I'll add another tap to my order.

For 12mm, switch from plug only to taper and bottoming.

If it doesn't help...

Dan if we don't make it on the M12 just remind me after the close (I'll post a quick this is what I have while calculating the shipping and what not) and I'll put you back to just the plug.

Attachments

16.5 KB · Views: 141

Karl_99

I would like to jump in on this and order:

M12 die with plug and bottoming taps
M10 die with plug and bottoming taps

Thank you, Karl

stever521

add m10 and m12 second/plug taps

Hi,
I would like to add to my original order one each M10 and M12 second/plug tap please.
This should cover any and all uses.

Thanks,

Steve.

RDH79

Ok Jump my order to all one of everything
That would be
M10 taper tap, plug tap, bottom tap, die.
M12 taper tap, plug tap, bottom tap, die.
Thank You!!
Rich

duncsuss

If it takes us over the 72 threshhold, add a bottoming tap in both M10 and M12 to my order (which is second/plug tap plus die in each size).

If we don't hit the 72 threshhold, I'll stick with just the second/plug tap and die in each size.

Thanks!

wizard

Ty,
If it helps to get to the number/quantity you need , go ahead and add a taper tap to each of my sets of M10 and M12 die, plug and bottoming taps that I have currently ordered. So it would be:
M10 taper tap, plug tap, bottoming tap, die.
M12 taper tap, plug tap, bottoming tap, die.
Doc:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom