Double Start Taps and Dies in M10 and M12

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

seamus7227

Go ahead and add the taper to each set, to my order as well.

So that would be a 10mm Die and three different taps
And the 12mm Die and three different taps. Hope that makes sense.

Docholiday

I'd like to get in here at nearly the zero hour with
M10 die and plug tap
And
M12 die and plug tap.

Thanks to those involved in setting this up.
Darren.

jyreene

Wow

Wow, all I did was go to sleep and you all exploded in here! It closes tonight at 8:00PM Eastern.

I've attached our current. I jumped in on the get me everything wagon too.

Attachments

• Group Buy Official - excel version.xls
    17 KB · Views: 189

scotian12

I can't miss out on one of the biggest group buys....I'll do all three.
Put me down for all 3 taps in both M10 and M12.

That is:
M10 taper tap, plug tap, bottom tap, die.
M12 taper tap, plug tap, bottom tap, die.
Darrell Eisner Scotian12

Carl Fisher

Never mind, I think I answered my own question with a little more research.

Ty, put me down for a bottom tap on each set in addition to the plug tap. So Die, Plug, and Bottoming of each size for me.

SteveJ

I'm still on the fence about this buy since I haven't done any kitless pens. If I read it correctly, the cost of both complete sets of dies and taps is about $180 for the M10 and $200 for the M12. Is that correct?

This is a great group buy, even if I don't join it!

magier412

I'm also on the fence...eeek! I hate to miss out on a good deal though, so please let me know the following so I can jump off the fence and into the water with the rest of y'all :)

I've looked at the spreadsheet in some detail, and at the 72 set mark, it looks as follows:

M10 Set: $123.12
M12 Set: $142.39
Both: $265.52 (rounding I expect)

Would you please confirm that this is the right calculation? If so, please put me in for both and let me know how to pay you. :)

Kay

Last edited:

Dan Masshardt

I'm also on the fence...eeek! I hate to miss out on a good deal though. :) Can I get a price on the full sets of three taps and one die in each of the sizes? I've read all the way through, and I'm totally confused on the current pricing.... Thanks for your help...Kay!

If you're on the fence, why not consider just getting one tap?

SteveG

This thread is approaching something akin to the 'perpetual motion machine'. IVO that and in the over all spirit of "Why not?", I make the following change to my order:
Add the m12 version of 2 taps/1 die.

In summary, my revised order is:

M10 - Plug/Bottom/Die
M12 - Plug/Bottom/Die

This is my final bid, unless I change it!:eek: :biggrin:

magier412

I'm also on the fence...eeek! I hate to miss out on a good deal though. :) Can I get a price on the full sets of three taps and one die in each of the sizes? I've read all the way through, and I'm totally confused on the current pricing.... Thanks for your help...Kay!

If you're on the fence, why not consider just getting one tap?

Not a bad idea...which one would be the more universally useful? I'm just starting kit less pens...wheeeeeeeee! :big grin: :tongue:

Thanks!

Kay

southernclay

I think if you got only one the 12 would make more sense. So the cap could be double start and you could get a less expensive single start for the body which is opened less. If I'm off base someone please correct.

manik

I hate to do this to you, but after reading what Seamus said and thinking about it, can i add the taper tap in both the M10 and M12 to my order?

I figure if it keeps me from ruining just one high dollar blank its paid for itself.

So I would like all 3 taps and a die for both M10 and M12.

My previous order was for the second and bottom tap and die for the M10 and M12.

If I'm too late I understand.

And thanks again for putting this together.

magier412

I think if you got only one the 12 would make more sense. So the cap could be double start and you could get a less expensive single start for the body which is opened less. If I'm off base someone please correct.

Thanks Warren. I'm not entirely opposed to getting both, but on the other hand, I'm just starting the kit less pens and don't know what I'm doing (yet) or getting into (happily). :big grin:

If anyone else has suggestions, I'm totally interested to hear them.

Thanks all!

Kay

jyreene

I'm still on the fence about this buy since I haven't done any kitless pens. If I read it correctly, the cost of both complete sets of dies and taps is about $180 for the M10 and $200 for the M12. Is that correct?

This is a great group buy, even if I don't join it!

We are currently at the final price break. This would be $123.03 for all Taps and a Die for M10 and 142.43 for M12.

I'm also on the fence...eeek! I hate to miss out on a good deal though, so please let me know the following so I can jump off the fence and into the water with the rest of y'all :)

I've looked at the spreadsheet in some detail, and at the 72 set mark, it looks as follows:

M10 Set: $123.12
M12 Set: $142.39
Both: $265.52 (rounding I expect)

Would you please confirm that this is the right calculation? If so, please put me in for both and let me know how to pay you. :)

Kay

That is the right calculation.

Thanks Warren. I'm not entirely opposed to getting both, but on the other hand, I'm just starting the kit less pens and don't know what I'm doing (yet) or getting into (happily). :big grin:

If anyone else has suggestions, I'm totally interested to hear them.

Thanks all!

Kay

The M12 double is a good way but you could also just go with singles. You're more than welcome to join but don't feel pressured.

Group buy closes in just over 1 hour. I'm still waiting on Marker to respond to a PM or in the thread to confirm which taps he wants. I've attached the latest spread sheet.

Once it closes there will be no additions or changes so I don't have to keep re-computing. And because it's part of the Group Buy.

Attachments

17.5 KB · Views: 207

jyreene

Alright the buy is closed to changes.

I will allow Marker to get back to me by the time I compile the final list with final costs (including shipping) to each person. I will add what I believe to be shipping to me will be based off the 12 pc shipping weight. It will take me a day or two to finish that list up. If Marker cannot get back to me at that time regarding the tap type he wants then I will have to drop him. It won't affect us being over 72. The spread sheet has not changed since my last post.

Carl Fisher

Thanks Ty for your hard work on this. These group buys (especially with this much participation) aren't easy.

Shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg

jyreene

Thanks all. Today's a busy day at work so I'm glad I said I needed a day or two. I've gotten it mostly done I just want to double check.

jyreene

Okay, waiting on one location, dean. I've pm'd him. But until then the paid tab (middle tab) in the spread sheet shows what everyone owes. All us locations were $5.80 using small flat rate box. The one Canadian location was $20.55. And the rest of the overseas were $24.75. All small flat rate boxes. All overseas I put the value at $25. If you are uncomfortable with that let me know and I will adjust the estimated value and shipping costs accordingly. If anyone wants insurance let me know and I will adjust shipping costs accordingly.

My paypal is jyreene@gmail.com

Please use the friends and family (you're all friends anyways) and put your full name and shipping address in the note/memo.

If you don't want to use Paypal please PM me and we can work out the payment details.

Latest spread sheet attached (of course I lucked out and only had to split the initial shipping with everyone!).

Attachments

22 KB · Views: 208

Jim Burr

Banned
Thanks for the tremendous amount of effort this took Ty!!
For some...including me...this may be their first group buy.
Would you be able to toss up some instructions for us to do now...step by step please...we all want to get it right. The above thread is fantastic...any other details?

The stage sir...is yours!!

jyreene

Thanks for the tremendous amount of effort this took Ty!! For some...including me...this may be their first group buy. Would you be able to toss up some instructions for us to do now...step by step please...we all want to get it right. The above thread is fantastic...any other details? The stage sir...is yours!!

A good start is the one in be library but once work slows down I can type and draw something up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom