Crossword Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

Thanks for the fun Landon. Great learning experience. Knowing what a pro is now, I feel 2pid that I didn't think of it.. o'well,, Party on!!! Lots of fun.

phillywood

Landon, I was looking over the answers for the puzzle, and tried to look for MM as finishing and couldn't find anything. Do you mean to use MM as in "Micro Mesh" that we use in form of abbreviations her on IAP in the posts, if so I was under the impression that MM stood for Micro Mesh Pads that are used for sanding the blanks that would not be part of the finishing as in Finishing process or finishing materials. Also, looked up IPE as sinking wood and couldn't find any references to that could you share with me how you found these informations so I can read up on them please. Also, Where did you see the word "ACE" used for "Pro turner"? And the answer for 39 "knot" your question was "Cross-grain Round Piece of a Board" How can a board be a knot?

micharms

Had a great time working on the crossword. Thanks Landon. It was good to see the solution so I knew which ones stumped me and in keeping with the spirit of the Bash I admitted defeat and moved on to other things.

Michael

Last edited:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Landon, I was looking over the answers for the puzzle, and tried to look for MM as finishing and couldn't find anything. Do you mean to use MM as in "Micro Mesh" that we use in form of abbreviations her on IAP in the posts, if so I was under the impression that MM stood for Micro Mesh Pads that are used for sanding the blanks that would not be part of the finishing as in Finishing process or finishing materials. Also, looked up IPE as sinking wood and couldn't find any references to that could you share with me how you found these informations so I can read up on them please. Also, Where did you see the word "ACE" used for "Pro turner"? And the answer for 39 "knot" your question was "Cross-grain Round Piece of a Board" How can a board be a knot?
Not much of a cross word person are ya Phil?:eek::wink: I'll reference the most obvious one here, if you want to discuss the others, PM me to set up a phone call, I'll be glad to discuss it further.

snyiper

Landon great job, I dont do puzzles usually but had a blast with this one....I was only stumped on 2 so that kept me bust for a while...LOL

arioux

Mabe i can share how i found those info:

MM . That one was obvious to me. Micromesh is the last step i use on my pen and is the final step of my ca finish. Micromesh pads are also are sold as "finishing" kit from many vendor. It was either CA or MM, tried both MM worked.

IPE. If you go to the site "answer.com" and type: "What kind of wood sinks in water?" it will bring you 3 answer with two having the word IPE. It tried it in tthe grid and it worked. I did'nt bother reading the link. you migh fond info if you want.

ACE: Well this one was more obvious to people used with crossword. Usually a 3 letter word refering as the best, the one over the other, champion, number one, master etc... is always an ACE.

For the last one, Hunter pointed it to you.

Hope this help.

phillywood

Mabe i can share how i found those info:

Hope this help.[/quote]

Alfred, thank you very much for the help. I was just trying to put my penturner's hat on. somehow my comment I guess came across that I was trying to pick on my friend Landon here and it was not. His Crossword puzzle made me do some reading and learned some stuff in the process actually. I haven't bought MM pads yet and didn't think that it would be considered or sold under the finishing supplies. Also, that Ace thingy was beyond my thinking. I must not be very much of a puzzle guy I guess. However, they have done study that in order to keep your mind young you need to do word puzzles, it's just like aerobic exercises for the brain, but I think Curtis thought that I was picking on Landon, for making this puzzle. At least, I read his post that way. Then I am not right in most cases. Then again we are both Leos too, so go figure.:tongue:

omb76

I wonder if they would mind if I brought my lathe into work tomorrow? I could work on my entry for the beautiful pen contest then...:biggrin:

Top Bottom