Crossword Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David Keller

I just tried to use the submit form, but I don't think it worked. I printed the screen(hard copy), but when I checked the pdf file on my desktop, it's a blank puzzle!?! Any suggestions? I feel like beating my head against a piece of amesclao!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Tell me what you did exactly. Did you try to upload a .jpg screen shot? If not, that is what you need to do. Please see the note at the bottom of the crossword puzzle. For some reason, the pdf creation system stopped working as intended so we had to modify things. If you did try uploading a .jpg and it did not work, please let me know asap. I have tested it many times on my end and it works just fine.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Im not going to get this finished in the 12 hours so good look to all who are or have already done so. i got down to 6 left
The 12 hours is just for the first drawing, you have until 11:00 PM EST on FEB 5th to complete it.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I just tried to use the submit form, but I don't think it worked. I printed the screen(hard copy), but when I checked the pdf file on my desktop, it's a blank puzzle!?! Any suggestions? I feel like beating my head against a piece of amesclao![/quote]
LOL!!!!

markgum

Im not going to get this finished in the 12 hours so good look to all who are or have already done so. i got down to 6 left
The 12 hours is just for the first drawing, you have until 11:00 PM EST on FEB 5th to complete it.

o.k. I was going to keep working on it right up to the submit time of 10 PM tonight. Glad I have a couple more days to DIG :confused: out the answers...

David Keller

Tell me what you did exactly. Did you try to upload a .jpg screen shot? If not, that is what you need to do. Please see the note at the bottom of the crossword puzzle. For some reason, the pdf creation system stopped working as intended so we had to modify things. If you did try uploading a .jpg and it did not work, please let me know asap. I have tested it many times on my end and it works just fine.

I saved the file as a pdf, but the file was empty when I checked the desktop. I tried the alt-print screen, but nothing happens on my computer when I do that. I have a .jpg file on my desktop now, and I'll try to attach that. The only way I was able to get a .jpg was to actually take a photograph of the page... I'm not so computer savvy.

I sent a photo of the hardcopy an email that Hunter-27 provided as a back up plan.

Sorry...:redface:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam

I saved the file as a pdf, but the file was empty when I checked the desktop. I tried the alt-print screen, but nothing happens on my computer when I do that. I have a .jpg file on my desktop now, and I'll try to attach that. The only way I was able to get a .jpg was to actually take a photograph of the page... I'm not so computer savvy.

I sent a photo of the hardcopy an email that Hunter-27 provided as a back up plan.

Sorry...:redface:
Me either, as I said, this is about fun.....Not Rules. :wink:

Done............ 5 hours straight with two of us working on it (sure helps having 2 computers) and now our heads hurt. A nice way to pass the time while the blizzard buries us.

Some pretty obscure stuff in there and if it weren't for the "check puzzle" button we would've been wrong on soooooo many answers. Nice job creating the puzzle.

Good luck to the rest of you!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
David,

When you hit the alt key and the prtscrn key together, your computer adds a copy of that page to your clipboard. You then need to open a photo program and the past the contents of your clipboard into the photo program and save the file. I know, it got all messed up when the pdf thing stopped working for some reason and I can not figure out why. Sorry for all the trouble. Like Landon says, this is meant to be fun, not a lesson in computer management! Sorry it has not worked out the way it was designed and tested!

Cole Roberts

I have one left, after 6 hours of working on it. Sure am glad OU was canceled today due to the blizzard.

Anyone want to give a little hint on where "The Best Go Here". I haven't gotten anywhere on it for the 6 hours now.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Done............ 5 hours straight with two of us working on it (sure helps having 2 computers) and now our heads hurt. A nice way to pass the time while the blizzard buries us.

Some pretty obscure stuff in there and if it weren't for the "check puzzle" button we would've been wrong on soooooo many answers. Nice job creating the puzzle.

I did not receive your entry yet, please be sure to get it to me in some form or another. :wink:

USAFVET98

I had about 6 left and I went to open a new tab to do school work and somehow it opened on the page the crossword was on! Ugggh! Helpful hint, do not exit the page as it will start you over.. I will give it another shot tomorrow.. lol

turbowagon

Finally solved them all except the damn wood from Hawaii...

I found 8 possible trees that fit, but none are the correct one. :confused:

Got it, finally!

Last edited:

I did not receive your entry yet, please be sure to get it to me in some form or another. :wink:

PM sent

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator

PM sent

Yours was received as well.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Thanks for being awake later than me last night Curtis. :) I will get the correct entries I received directly (in various ways) combined with the data base entries and we will get the 1st draw done and announced on the 3rd. Thanks to everyone involved in working through the kinks. Keep at it if you are not done, there will be a second drawing at the end for another chance at a prize.

soligen

Well, no way to save work in progress, and I was working on it while attending a conference call, and navigated away - all work lost.

I wasn't doing too well anyway.

So, I give up. I'd rather spend 5 hours making a pen.

I appreciate the effort that went into this, its just that I'd rather enter pens, and I dont have time to make everyting I want to.

hebertjo

Keith -

Take a break and come back to it. I felt the same way you did and gave up for several hours and then returned to it to get it finished.

omb76

This is addictive... 9 more to go... my heads a hurt'in. The South American Wood one is driving me crazy (not that the other 8 aren't...lol)

tim self

I love crossword puzzles. With that said, I have spent probably 10-12 hours on this thing and must give in. It's kicked my butt! You win, I give up. 3 errors and 6 incomplete. And the South American Wood is a bear.

Top Bottom