Cigar bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brandy

I know Ed's improved cigar bushings have been around for a few years so I'm a little late to the party. I love the cigar but have been having some problems figuring out which bushing goes where. For some reason I can read the directions and watch the video a dozen times and still get it wrong. Does anyone have a method to mark the bushings?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Someone suggested that I make the marks more symmetrical as to not throw them out of balance, so I have made a slight adjustment to how I mark them since that original post. (They are shown on 1/4-inch shelf pins that I use on to hold them on my turning / Press Caddy). - Dave

IMG_4159 Cropped.jpg

jttheclockman

Calipers. Need to measure the parts and then match the bushings closest to them. I lay the bushings right next to the blank in the order I want the blank facing.

Many ways of doing what David is showing. Paint the inside using a color code. On the instruction sheet label the color. Get small number punches and stamp inside. Use a dremel tool to scratch numbers or marks in instead of cutting them.

jcm71

Slide the two larger bushings onto a mandrel, back to back. The larger goes on the upper barrel and the smaller the lower barrel. Do the same with the two smaller bushings. The larger goes on the finial and the smaller the nib end. Very easy. Make sure your blank alignment is correct before installing the bushings.

Top Bottom