Painting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I use Rustoleum or Krylon spray paint and give a quick spray in both ends of the blank, stand then on end and let them dry overnight. I also hang my tubes with a thin wire suspended from a line and spray them also.

d_bondi

I use acrylic craft paint and a culture swab. I let the first coat dry and then check for light transmission. If I shine a flashlight on the outside of the blank and see obvious light spots, I do a second coat and the let dry overnight.

I do not generally paint the tubes, but if I am really concerned about show though then I use a brush type Sharpie to color the tube and will even mix a little of the acrylic paint into the epoxy to color it, it only takes a drop or two.

I like the culture swabs, which are long wood handled one ended q-tips because of the length and that they are less fuzzy so they don't leave cotton fibers in the paint.

egnald

I use many of the processes already listed. Lately, I use Acrylic craft paints with swabs and then for insurance I add one drop of the paint to my epoxy when I am gluing the tube in. It doesn't take much fortunately, because too much pigment (or the water it is suspended in) can have a negative impact on the epoxy strength. I used to use spray lacquer because it drys really fast compared with the enamel spray paints - and I have been know to be impatient.

- Dave

Top Bottom