clicker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hippi

I am using the slimline pro edc kit, which is an oversized pen 6 inches long, in trying to get the right length the little e-clip came off and caused the clicker to come apart here is a pic of what I'm using maybe the are to this,
how do you size them up to get the length needed, can not find the e-clip, are that super small little ball
DFE_9763.JPG
DFE_9764.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dieseldoc

Little black clip is used to keep inter mechensim from falling out of outer housing. Needed to keep those Little small balls intact .
Should not be a reason to remove the little clip. Maybe in your case clip was not correctly installed in grove.
I have used. The SKM192 for years and yet to have a clip fall off.

egnald

I must be confused. I've made the PSI Slimline Pro EDC kit before, but what you are showing in your picture does not look familiar. The brass part in the little bag doesn't quite look like the Schmidt SKM-192 mechanism, and my kit didn't have anything that looked like the black and white parts that are in the bag.

When I built the kit I never had to do anything to the click mechanism other than screw it into the little inner cap piece. There were no adjustments to be made and I've never had the clicker mechanism come apart so I'm not much help.

From your second picture I was assuming you were using the Slimline Pro EDC kit parts to build a modified, single tube pen design and were not using all of the parts from the kit correct? Are you trying to extend the length of the clicker mechanism with those yellow rods?

Regards,
Dave

Dieseldoc

I am using the slimline pro edc kit, which is an oversized pen 6 inches long, in trying to get the right length the little e-clip came off and caused the clicker to come apart here is a pic of what I'm using maybe the are to this,
how do you size them up to get the length needed, can not find the e-clip, are that super small little ballView attachment 371305View attachment 371307
Hippi: See my post to Dave, is this what you are referring to??

egnald

Dave: see attachments
I think he using the SKM192 as shown, if so that is what I was referring to.

View attachment 371319View attachment 371320
That's exactly the mechanism that I am familiar with, but I don't think the parts in the little plastic bag look like this. The brass piece looks smooth with no barbs and I can't figure out the white and black parts. They just don't look familiar to me. - Dave

Dieseldoc

That's exactly the mechanism that I am familiar with, but I don't think the parts in the little plastic bag look like this. The brass piece looks smooth with no barbs and I can't figure out the white and black parts. They just don't look familiar to me. - Dave
Dave: Agree. Better photo with stuff out of plastic bag would help.

hippi

ok what is the easiest way to size the spacer for an oversized pen and what would you use as a spacer

egnald

Well, if you only need a short extension, PSI sells this Refill Extension for their DuraClick Pen Kits. They are made to snap fit in the end of Parker style refills but they are only 1/2-inch long. They can be snapped together though, so possibly they could be stacked to increase the length.

I have also seen 3D printed adapter/extensions for Parker G2 refills though on several web sites. Some of them look like they could maybe be cut down and used as an extension. For example: Link to Tofty's Flashlights and Pens.

Dave

Top Bottom