CA debonder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

terryf

For some or other reason, whilst placing an order a while back I ordered a bottle of CA debonder.

I have been working with CA for quite some time and never needed it or even knew about it.

This evening I must have spilt some on the work bench unwittingly and before I knew it I had stuck my thumb nail down and joined my index and thumb together. :mad:

A very unpleasant feeling I might add!!

In less than 10 seconds it was loose and 30 seconds later it was all off.

If you dont have any, go buy/order some!! I dread to think how I would have gotten it off otherwise :)

I know appreciate the inventor of debonder more than the inventor of CA :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

:biggrin: Good thing the debonder was close by!!! If that had happened to me, the debonder would have been on the far side of the shop and I would have had to drag the workbench with my thumb all the way across the shop.. :eek:
Glad it worked well for you.
gordon

I keep a bottle of debonder handy, but so far haven't used it... I usually wind up with CA all over my fingers, but try to keep them apart until it dries and I can get to a can of acetone I keep handy just for this purpose... douse a paper towel or piece of rag and "wash" my fingers until I get most of the CA off... knock on green wood (two raps to the head) so far I haven't glued my fingers together or to anything.

Drstrangefart

Yeah, I usually just tear away. Had to use debonder one time when I was afraid I was gonna do some serious damage and tear off enough skin to draw blood. I need to get some debonder myself. I think my local comic shop has some intended for use by model builders. That stuff ever go bad?

sbwertz

I keep a little plastic jar with a piece of a shop rag in it on my workbench. I pour about half a cup of acetone in the jar, and use it to clean CA off my hands. If I keep the jar tightly sealed, it only has to be refilled every couple of months and the rough cloth removes the glue from my fingers easily. I have another in the house for when I forget to clean my hands before I come in. I also have a little bottle of debonder for stubborn spots. I find embossing powder and CA are REALLY hard to get off your skin.

JimB

I keep debonder or acetone in 2 places - one bottle next to the lathe for when I do finishing and one at the workbench for when I am doing glue ups. This way it is always in reach if I get myself stuck to something.

sbwertz

This evening I must have spilt some on the work bench unwittingly and before I knew it I had stuck my thumb nail down and joined my index and thumb together. :mad:

:biggrin:

Just for this reason, I ordered the black CA from Monty. You can see where you dripped it BEFORE you put your hand in it! :biggrin:

SteveG

Does debonder work better than acetone?
Debonder does not evap real fast so you can get the offending CA wiped off before the solvent is all gone. Using acetone, you must very quickly wipe away the CA, and usually cannot get it all before the acetone evaps, especially if the CA is on thick or at a hard to acces location (like between your two fingers).

Top Bottom