Walking Stick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

yorkie

Anyone made a walking stick using the kit or CSUSA?

I'm thinking of making one but thought I would check first for tips and if the kit is any good.

Thanks a lot.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I made one for my cousin who has a collection of canes & sticks. Bought one of the Eagle handle kits. Photos are in my album but, having a problem copying the link right now. Take a look if you like. I think they are on page 3. The kit was easy to assemble. I can't attest for the plating life as, it isn't being used. He just has it standing in a big can with the others. I got the blank from Bell Forest Products. Birdseye Maple. The blank is 1" diameter, so very little turning. I made mine in one piece but you can make them in three pieces with couplers. The hardware kit is nice in appearance. Hope this helps. If you have other questions, I will be glad to answer, if I can.

pyurgal

I am currently working on one, for a friend, using Lignum Vitae.

The only problem that I had so far was that with drilling the blank for the couplers. The instructions say to use a 29/64 drill bit and I found that it was a bit too small for the insert. I had to use a clamp and pliers to get the insert in. Of course after doing that I cut the upper tenon too small and had to start that piece over. :) I am going to get at 15/32 bit and see if that works better.

Over all, I like the quality of the components of the kit.

Paul

sbwertz

I've made five of them, all with the regency brass head. Here is one in ash with chestnut stain. I didn't use the kit, just turned the cane as one piece. They are for older friends and I wanted them to be sturdy.

IMG_2582.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom