BUD SHOOTOUT Practice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alzey

Finally Dark Season is over.
:bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies051:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I remember....

Just wish that big money sponsorship hadn't made racing .....boring...

I can remember when they used masking tape on the head lights and towed the cars to the race, then folded up the tow bar for the the race.

I remember when Marshall Teague and his "Fabulous Hudson Hornet" were the terror of the circuit. The Hudson sported a straight line 6 with three duces and could whip about anything on the road.

Stock car, meant stock car and in the 50's you could be driving down main street with just about what they were running on the tracks.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
Even with all the moder changes I still love nascar almost as much as I love Ga. Bulldog football..... go Hendricks teems.......

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam

Well Roy, that's why I go to the dirt tracks almost every Saturday night during the summer. Them guys race for nothing but pride, and it only costs 5 or 10 bucks to go watch. But that's the luxury of living in the midwest:biggrin:

IPD_Mr

I can remember when they used masking tape on the head lights and towed the cars to the race, then folded up the tow bar for the the race.

I remember when Marshall Teague and his "Fabulous Hudson Hornet" were the terror of the circuit. The Hudson sported a straight line 6 with three duces and could whip about anything on the road.

Stock car, meant stock car and in the 50's you could be driving down main street with just about what they were running on the tracks.

Sounds like you remember running shine too. :tongue::biggrin::tongue:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmm

Well, not in my part of the world (PA) where some folks made their own wine but as far as I know no one made whiskey (well ok - so I did know one old man who had a still, but ya had to go to his place to get it - he didn't deliver). But .... I do remember that many if not most of the early Stock drivers got their early training speeding over back roads dodging the county sheriff and "revenuers".

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Ernie, are they getting that Louisville speedway fixed for traffic? I'd like to see some Aerial photos of that.

Chuck, they've made it a point to let everyone know they've added 50,000 parking spots. But it's still gonna be f'd up in my opinion, because the interstate hasn't changed. I'm going to it again this year, but i'm going to drive the r.v. up the night before.

shadetree_1

Running shine in a 62 Chevy Impala with a 409 and Tri power, they came close a couple of times but they never got me!:glasses-cool:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Nice

Running shine in a 62 Chevy Impala with a 409 and Tri power, they came close a couple of times but they never got me!:glasses-cool:
I had a 62 Chevy Impala myself 2 door hardtop. The only problem with the 409 was keeping the damned thing in tune - It would get out of it's own way when it was tuned....

G1Pens

Since this is a NASCAR thread...

What's the feelings on bringing back the #3 in the Nationwide Series? Austin Dillon, Richard Childress's grandson and 2011 truck champion will be driving it. Sponsored by Advocare. (my company)

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmmm

What's the feelings on bringing back the #3 in the Nationwide Series? Austin Dillon, Richard Childress's grandson and 2011 truck champion will be driving it. Sponsored by Advocare. (my company)

Personally I think #3 in auto racing like #3 in NY Yankee baseball should remain forever retired.

ctubbs

I made one load for some of my Kin around '61. I found real quick that I didn't have the nerve for the work. I was positive that every man, woman child, dog and cat, maybe even the mailboxes were revenuers. Good money even by today's standards, but not the right work for a prison coward. This was drinking shine by the way. If you did not know the difference, you shouldn't have been drinking any. This was prime "Golden Pond" product. Hard to find any better anywhere. Now Ken and Andy may have their own opinions on the quality of their own local stuff cause they made some fine whiskey also.
Charles

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

I'm all for it. That boy proved himself in trucks, and he should do as well in Nationwide series. The #3 cup car is reserved for Jr. to run some day. I think Dale would approve of both deals. I also think there are a lot of us that would like to see a 3 back on the track, but not with just ANY driver. Dillon is Childress' grandson, and we all know who Jr. is. JMHO

randywa

After watching Austin Dillion in the last 2 or 3 truck races, I think he earned the privilege of a #3 on his ride.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmmm

I made one load for some of my Kin around '61. I found real quick that I didn't have the nerve for the work. I was positive that every man, woman child, dog and cat, maybe even the mailboxes were revenuers. Good money even by today's standards, but not the right work for a prison coward. This was drinking shine by the way. If you did not know the difference, you shouldn't have been drinking any. This was prime "Golden Pond" product. Hard to find any better anywhere. Now Ken and Andy may have their own opinions on the quality of their own local stuff cause they made some fine whiskey also.
Charles
Ya know I've been to Murray, KY - about 1992, came out there on vacation and stayed right on Barkley Lake or Lake Barkley whichever it is not too far from Murray and went in to Murray a couple of times.

G1Pens

I'm all for it. That boy proved himself in trucks, and he should do as well in Nationwide series. The #3 cup car is reserved for Jr. to run some day. I think Dale would approve of both deals. I also think there are a lot of us that would like to see a 3 back on the track, but not with just ANY driver. Dillon is Childress' grandson, and we all know who Jr. is. JMHO

I actually spoke with Richard Childress back in January and he stated that he had a "conversation" with Jr before doing this. Richard owns the number but he had enough respect to speak to Jr first.

Scott.tudhope

So who's gonna win the championship this year? Do y'all think Mr 5 time will make it 6?

I think it will be a first time champion this year.

Tony will be strong again but I don't think he will do two in a row. Maybe last years runner up...Carl Edwards.

I sure hope it's cousin Carl! He's had a couple really good, close years. He deserves it.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
RV is a good way to go. Get there early, and enjoy the experience. :wink:

Then stay late to sober up! :biggrin:
LOL, that's right...:biggrin: spend another night. The roads SHOULD be cleared.:rolleyes:

My plan is to get there a day early. There will be about 15 of us with 6 r.v.'s. I'll also let all the idots clear out and drive home, probably about 3am or 4am. But if the tequila is flowing, it will be an all-weekender:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

I actually spoke with Richard Childress back in January and he stated that he had a "conversation" with Jr before doing this. Richard owns the number but he had enough respect to speak to Jr first.
That's just how classy Richard is. I would love to spend some time with him. Your company picked the right ride. Hope they all do well this season.

So who's gonna win the championship this year? Do y'all think Mr 5 time will make it 6?
WAY to soon for me to answer that one. But, my money's on Jr.

RV is a good way to go. Get there early, and enjoy the experience. :wink:

Then stay late to sober up! :biggrin:
LOL, that's right...:biggrin: spend another night. The roads SHOULD be cleared.:rolleyes:

My plan is to get there a day early. There will be about 15 of us with 6 r.v.'s. I'll also let all the idots clear out and drive home, probably about 3am or 4am. But if the tequila is flowing, it will be an all-weekender:biggrin:
Sounds like a good plan Ernie. I know you'll be alright.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
As much as I hate this guy, it's hard for me to pick him, but Kyle Busch is my pick. Hater's are Motivater's!!!

DSurette

I've been a Tony Stewart fan for the past five years. Hoping for a repeat, but I am quite impressed with Brad Keselowski. If Tony doesn't do it I'd like to see Brad get it.

PenMan1

Man! What a finish! I was pulling for Smoke (who I think may have had the best car tonight), But the Wild Thang slide right by at the exact right time.

This was closer to old NASCAR, where best car of the race was pitted against best driver of the dayat the checker!

Last edited:

IPD_Mr

While that was a bit of impressive driving, it doesn't change that he is a no class representative of NASCAR. The year that he smashed the guitar trophy to bits was when I lost any respect for him. With any luck Patrick will put him into the wall during the 500 next week.

Top Bottom