Been gone a while

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

elody21

I have missed my daily reading on the post. I have had a plate full with work, illnesses and a death of my husbands 4 year old grand niece, plus many other things happening. The only pens I have been making are for the many Drs.at appointments. Anyway. I want to make a wooden disc like ornament of pink Ivory for the mother of Trinity the 4 year old that died and I would like to get an ingraving from a photo on the front and maybe some sort of saying on the back. Hey big tough guys, any ideas.? Maybe something about a little angel. Anyway. Who would be the best to send the ornament to to ingrave a photo? I have not tried anyone yet. I do not plan on hollowing the ornament. I want to put it in a dome hanging. Thanks for the help! Alice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I would have Ken Nelson of Kallenshan Wood do the laser engraving....
Here is a link to some of his picture engraving
http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com/servlet/Page?template=3279&s=Click+here+to+view++plaque++++++examples&f=1

Daniel

Alice,
I was going to e-mail this to you. then decided to post it here instead.
this is a poem that is printed on the memorial folder of my 3 month old son.don't know if it woudl fit on the disk or not but will share it anyway.

GODS FLOWER GARDEN
Tho' He takes the full-bloom flowers,
Dropped and withered that need His care.
Still He needs a bud or blossom
To scatter with them, here and there.
So He takes a few choice blossoms,
Just the rarest He can find,
And because God needs them up in heaven,
Must comfort loved ones left behind.

It has been 18 years this january 3rd since My son left us.
these words are one of the few things that will still bring tears to my eyes.

Paul in OKC

Thanks, Daniel. Great poem. My wife and I lost a full term still born. She would have been nine this year. There is still a song that brings a little welling to the eyes. Knowing where she is brings great comfort to us.

JimGo

I'll echo Jim's comment - our best wishes are with you all.

Alice, Ken does excellent work, as do Mike and Jen Aminson. I'd feel comfortable sending it to either of them.

I hope life takes a happier turn for you.

alamocdc

I can second Mike an Jen's work. Ryan at Woodturningz also does a good job. I've not had the pleasure of doing business with Ken as yet, but what I've seen is very nice.

elody21

Thanks guys, for the help and good words and thank you
Daniel for the touching poem. It really fits because my mother in law ( I loved her dearly) died about 2-3 years after suffering through years of melanoma. I have been very angry why she was taken at only the age of 72 but now it seems like maybe had to be there for Trinity. It is so hard to understand why children and babies have to die.
Thanks again, Alice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom