Attention PEN MAN 1....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russell Eaton

Russell Eaton

If you don't like your new turkey call I will find someone that does!:rolleyes: When I tell you that this one made me BLEED I ain't JOKIN"! I tried to turn it with a scraper and had the outside blow up so hard it sent shards of PR everywhere. It took about 2.5 hrs. to turn. I think it is smokin'. Andy gave me this blank earlier this month and I think it looks sweet. Enjoy. Russell

Attachments

• IMG_2535.jpg
    IMG_2535.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 493
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Russell:
I love it!!!!!!! You won't be looking for any other buyers. I KNEW THAT PR WOULD MAKE A GOOD CALL! I just needed an experienced call maker to prove it! Sorry you had to bleed in the process. I can't WAIT for MARCH!!!!!

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Now that's an interesting concept...and very nice looking call...
how's it sound..??

mind sharing what the pr blank looked like before you turned it..?
ie, solid blank..??

Russell Eaton

It has great mid range and low range. It purrs like a kitten. It has slate for the top and I think that affects the low range. The best high range seems to come from the glass over slate. I am going to try a aluminum over slate next and see what it will do.

PenMan1

Now that's an interesting concept...and very nice looking call...
how's it sound..??

mind sharing what the pr blank looked like before you turned it..?
ie, solid blank..??

I didn't photograph the blanks before giving them to Russell, as this started as an "experiment". After seeing the finished call, I wish I had photographed the blank!

Russell may still have the other "funky" colored blank and may be able to photograph it.

PenMan1

Russell:
Christy, Penman's wife here....
All I can say is WOW! I am sorry it hurt you but the results look great! I am so happy it sounds good to, I know that was a question you and Andy had. I saved the receipe for both blanks so we can recreate to a degree. Thanks for showing off! Can't wait to see how the other blank works out. Make sure you wear a helmet before you begin. We will be your way soon to pick up!

Russell Eaton

Sorry it took a while to post this picture. This is the finished pot call and the unturned blank.
Christy I like the turned blank colors better. If you made it a smaller it would cut the turning time WAY down. I will try to turn the second one tomorrow. I can meet the two of you part way if needed. Look forward to seeing ya'll soon. Russell

Attachments

• IMG_2539.jpg
    IMG_2539.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 159

PenMan1

Yep, I thought it was closer than that, oh well, next time. I was going for a tad funky on the second blank as my family seems to collect calls. Or they have way too many IMHO. That is an obsession I will never understand. My own father has a closet full! Crazy! We will talk when we see you to get specifics to make it better the next time. I can't help the flying shards....You will just have to wear a helmet! HAHA:biggrin:

Not to worry about meeting us half way, we want to come see your shop and Constant's shop. Anyone who claims his shop is messier than Penman1's ... I HAVE to see.:alien::alien: And we want to see your new toys! We have already made plans to head in ya'lls direction some Sat. in Feb. depending on schedules. After Valentines day.

PenWife1

Sorry it took a while to post this picture. This is the finished pot call and the unturned blank.
Christy I like the turned blank colors better. If you made it a smaller it would cut the turning time WAY down. I will try to turn the second one tomorrow. I can meet the two of you part way if needed. Look forward to seeing ya'll soon. Russell

mtgrizzly52

Good Gosh that is cool Russell! All that does is make me want to start making turkey calls that much more. I guess it's time to give you a call and "talk Turkey!" *LOL*

Fantastic!

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

PaulDoug

That's pretty cool. Is there a difference in the sound between one made of PR verses one made of wood? Be cool to have one made out of a camouflage blank.

Top Bottom