Another Charity Auction to benefit the victims of the Oklahoma tornado!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Let's not let Mr. Rat get too comfortable with his bid! This beautiful pen AND a $250.00 credit at the Classic Nib is quite a package! Are you really going to let Skippy steal this pen for what amounts to $5.00? Don't wait! Cast a bid!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hey Mike!! You make it sound like I'm the Bad Guy here!! :(
I may be a rat, but I have feelings ya know!!! :)

mbroberg

Hey Mike!! You make it sound like I'm the Bad Guy here!! :(
I may be a rat, but I have feelings ya know!!! :)

Quite the contrary. I'm pointing out that you seem to be the only one willing to act on this fantastic offer. :biggrin: It's like getting a $250.00 rebate because we all know that any one of us will blow through $250.00 on pen supplies without blinking an eye. :wink: I would think that there would be more of a response to this. :confused: Maybe everyone is waiting until the auction is about to end to place their bid. :rolleyes:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Shhh Mike !! And stop bumping the thread or others may see this great deal for an even greater cause!!!:rolleyes::tongue::biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I promised I wouldn't bump it.

I always knew that you were a man of his word, Mike!!:biggrin:

Bumping the thread is fine, but someone will have to actually bid past my top bid to knock me off my perch. :wink:
I can't afford to bid higher than my top bid, ( less than it's worth, BTW ) so lets see who really wants it.
Or are you all just mouth???:tongue::yawn:

Gofer

Skip you are right that it is worth more than it is sitting at ... for the moment ... and I would make you pay more but I wont bid what I can not afford to spend (even if I have to spend a month in the doghouse)

There has to be someone with deeper pockets than mine that can give our friendly neighborhood rat a run for his money.

Bruce

Russianwolf

While I would love to swoop in and steal it from Skippy, I can't bid higher even with the Gift card as I don't have the funds to pay for the combo.

Dang those Granite Countertops :eek:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Well I gave it a nice bump.... maybe Smitty will let me have this one. :tongue:

Go ahead, outbid me... I dare you. :biggrin:
Smitty is not a wealthy man and I did buy the last one....you guys all have my blessings for this one and my sincere wish is that it does at least as well as the one I won.

Good luck and God Speed.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Well I gave it a nice bump.... maybe Smitty will let me have this one. :tongue:

Go ahead, outbid me... I dare you. :biggrin:

You didn't last long.
Be very careful of artificially bumping the bids. If you don't want it then don't bid.
Artificial bid bumping is called Shill Bidding and is illegal.. In the UK it can earn you a ÂŁ5000 fine .
If it's ok to do this in USA then I for one will never take part in an IAP auction again. Raising funds for a good cause is one thing, but breaking the law is another.
Here, there has to be a connection between the seller and the bidder - just throwing in a bid when you don't want to win, isn't a shill bid but might make a lot of folks unhappy if you do win and then don't pay.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Well if Skippy is the high bidder he seems to be serious. I might come back in later if I have lots of sales in the next two or three days.

Gofer

Well it is good to see some more bids for the pen. Wish I could bring it home but it will not happen this time.

Oh oh Skiprat might not be to happy ... the thread seems to keep getting bumped : )

Bruce

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Well I tried, but have been outbid :frown:
The bad news is that I won't be getting this great pen and of course Roy's wonderful addition, but the fantastic news is that the charity will be getting more than I can afford.
Well done to who ever it was that outbid me, but I expect you will need to bid again before this auction is over.

Gofer

Skiprat is right, the funds being raised is the important part ..... but who is the mystery bidder??????

Lets hope it breaks the $500 mark and helps those in need.

Bruce

JDennis

I promised I wouldn't bump it.

I always knew that you were a man of his word, Mike!!:biggrin:

Bumping the thread is fine, but someone will have to actually bid past my top bid to knock me off my perch. :wink:
I can't afford to bid higher than my top bid, ( less than it's worth, BTW ) so lets see who really wants it.
Or are you all just mouth???:tongue::yawn:

I knocked him off his perch, anyone up to knocking me off mine?:biggrin:

JDennis

Very generous of you Roy :biggrin::biggrin: Thats just pushed the value of the pen up to 500 bucks :eek:

Thanks Brad and Thanks Stephen!!!​

The bid is now at $250.00 with Skiprat in the lead to own this beautiful pen and more importantly, help the Oklahomans who lost so much to the deadly tornado.

But Wait...................... There's More!!!!!

Our own Oklahoman, Roy Robaldo, has sweetened this pot to the tune of $250.00!!!

The winner of this auction will receive, in addition to this beautiful pen, $250.00 Store Credit at The Classic Nib!​

This auction, in essence, is starting over!!!! Skippy's $250.00 bid is now a break even deal thanks to Roy and The Classic Nib!!

So, whatever your budget was for this auction add $250.00 and place your bid!!!!

Thank you Roy!

With less than two hours left in the auction, I may be getting this, if so, first item to purchase will be one of the "stained glass" boxes to hold it in.

mbroberg

WE HAVE A WINNER!

Congratulations John!!! Thank you for your winning bid of $405.00. 100% of your bid will be sent to GlobalGiving Oklahoma Tornado Relief Fund. In addition to this fine looking pen you will also receive $250.00 store credit to the Classic Nib compliments of Oklahoman.

Thank you to all who bid. Team 8's generosity has moved other teams to donate their CCC pens to this cause as well so there will be another auction posted soon.

JDennis

Congratulations John!!! Thank you for your winning bid of $405.00. 100% of your bid will be sent to GlobalGiving Oklahoma Tornado Relief Fund. In addition to this fine looking pen you will also receive $250.00 store credit to the Classic Nib compliments of Oklahoman.

Thank you to all who bid. Team 8's generosity has moved other teams to donate their CCC pens to this cause as well so there will be another auction posted soon.

Looking forward to getting the pen, also looking forward to spending "The Classic Nib" store credit. Thanks and credit due to all those involved in the great endeavor.

John

Top Bottom