Ain't exactly a pen but has wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rolland

Rolland

I built this a few years ago, took about two years in between other things. The carriage is built from an American Black walnut tree, a friend sent me pieces of a walnut tree that had been in his fathers yard in Virginia, and dried for a number of years. Wheels are white oak stained to match the walnut. Its .22 and yes it does shoot.

Attachments

• 100_0871.JPG
    100_0871.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 415
  • 100_0874.JPG
    100_0874.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 398
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

manatee

I was planing on building one of these myself! Which plans did you use and how long did it take to complete? I had a Grizzly G4003G Gunsmith lathe delivered Monday but it had been dropped en route from Grizzly and severely damaged. They are picking it up tomorrow and shipping me a replacement.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Wow!!! I know we tend to say "no pics didn't happen".... but in this case the pics prove it, but man would I love to see a video of it running!! :)

Fred

Exceptional workmanship.

Were you able to outgun the one that fired into your gunsafe? I note only three bullet holes and must assume you won.

That kinda reminds me of the day I was reloading my UZI and two south of the border types walked into my basement ... uninvited.

Rolland

BKelly
That was the last of the scale models, I previously did 1/2 scale 1917, 1919, and M2 heavy Browning machine guns in .22. I have now graduated to making pens. Making pens is much more relaxing........well most of the time. :mad-tongue:

Top Bottom