Retirement Gift

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Lee K

Lee K

One of the Owners Reps that I have done work for the the last 4 years is retiring tomorrow.

He used to teach woodworking in his school system, loves to hunt and cook ... I made this cutting board for him. Its walnut and cherry about 21" long x 14" wide x 2" thick.

I took some birch cut-offs, had an associate laser cut our company logo, had most of our team 'autograph' then laminated that to the bottom of the board.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• WEB IMG_6131.jpg
    WEB IMG_6131.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 281
  • WEB IMG_6134.jpg
    WEB IMG_6134.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 299
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Lar

That is a very nice gift and a great job! My son-in-law also makes cutting boards and sells quite a few that are engraved as wedding or shower gifts.

IPD_Mr

Sharp looking gift.

I have a question about the beautiful cutting boards. We have a couple of the derlin cutting boards that are used EVERY day. Toss in the dish washer every day as well. Obviously you would not put the wood ones in the dish washer. More curious to me is why would you ever use something so beautiful? I know what they can look like after a couple of months.

Lee K

Thanks Mike!

I know what you mean, thats what everyone says about the boards ... but honestly, I WANT people to use them. Have to say I am probably the worst, as my first ever cutting board has never been cut on, it adorns part of our counter and 'looks pretty'.

The should hold up pretty well, unless you really work hard on them, but I also guess you could run some 220 over it to get rid of scratches later in life.

Top Bottom