A Shaving Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Whaler

Whaler

The razor and brush are done out of a stick of Bocote that I have had for several years. Sanded to 400, 8 coats of CA/BLO and finished on the Beale wheels. I didn't drill the hole quite deep enough in the brush handle, I'll remember to dry fit it next time.

This will probably be the last of my shop time for a bit. I go in Wednesday for cataract surgery on one eye and two weeks later for the other one. I'm looking forward to seeing clearly again.

Attachments

• ShaveSet.jpg
    ShaveSet.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 193
  • ShaveSet2.jpg
    ShaveSet2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 179
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Really nice set. I like your closed end razor and the next one I do will be that. I'm curious why very few include a soap mug with the set. I have only made one shaving set (it is for myself) but I made a soap holder with the set.

I wish you the best on your surgery and a speedy recovery. I hear the results are amazing.

Andrew Arndts

Very nice.

If I may.
Every time I see someone who produces a Shaving set, there is one item missing... Why have a Shaving Brush when the Shaving MUG is not there.
Guess I will have to work on that.

PaulDoug

Very nice.

If I may.
Every time I see someone who produces a Shaving set, there is one item missing... Why have a Shaving Brush when the Shaving MUG is not there.
Guess I will have to work on that.

The one I made does, just wish I had made it a little deeper

Attachments

• 400_1675.JPG
    400_1675.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 162
Top Bottom