African art frame

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rmartin

Rmartin

A client and his wife traveled to Africa last year where they bought 5 hand painted on cloth African art work. He asked me to make some frames. This is the first frame I completed today. I'll order the glass cut for it and add the artwork tomorrow. I think he'll like it.

I started by gluing up a 1 x 4 frame. The interior trim was made with a miter saw.

frameRaw.jpg

Sprayed the trim black and sponged over with gold. A 1 x 3 was rounded over with a router detail then stained.

frameMid.jpg

Lastly, a used a cove bit for the outside trim and painted it gold.

frameCorner.jpg

Finished with 3 coats of clear lacquer. Frame is approximately 40 inch by 50 inch.

frameFull.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rmartin

I was so concerned about getting the images to post I forgot to add:

Comments Good and Bad are welcomed!

Thanks for looking

Also, in the past, my photos from my website have been blocked by some company computers. If this is still the case, please let me know. I've checked and checked and can find nothing on my site which would cause images to be blocked. I am able to view them on my government computer at work, but if you have a problem, again, please let me know.

Thanks

Rmartin

Looks very nice, Richard. That is a large frame. Nice colors and patterns, the combination of simple shapes makes a nice overall design.

Thanks for commenting. It is a large frame. I don't have the artwork, I measured it in his office. The whole time I've kept saying to myself, I don't remember it being that big! I guess I'll find out tomorrow if I made it the right size. The other 4 he has are less than half the size of this one and they are all the same. I'm going to do a much more simple design on them.

ctubbs

Great planning on the design. They all come out even at the corners so it is very obvious to be a custom design. The wood work, color choices and finish is outstanding. I also just hope the size is correct. If it is a lot too big, you could always matt the art out to the frame.
Charles

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
I was so concerned about getting the images to post I forgot to add:

Comments Good and Bad are welcomed!

Thanks for looking

Also, in the past, my photos from my website have been blocked by some company computers. If this is still the case, please let me know. I've checked and checked and can find nothing on my site which would cause images to be blocked. I am able to view them on my government computer at work, but if you have a problem, again, please let me know.

Thanks

Nice job on the frame.

I doubt that the block has anything to do with offensive content. Some companies subscribe to a service that categorizes websites. If the service tags you as something like social networking or hobbies and the companies that use that service decide to block that category, you get blocked.

broitblat

The software as work (Fortiguard) classifies your site as "games" for some reason, but I can look at the pictures on my phone -- nice stuff.

-Barry

fiferb

Beautiful work! I've made some custom frames but never put detail on the front like you did. It goes very well with the artwork. Outstanding!

Top Bottom