4th Annual Russ Fairfield Memorial Modified Slim line contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

Good thinking Mike. I don't want to scare people and have them thinking there are too many entries in this contest so that they decide to go for one of the lesser contests instead. Yeah!! 17....we only have errr....17 entries. Plenty of room here!!! Ed

That's more entries that last year I think?

We need 5 more entries to beat the 21 from last year. Hope we get them so that I don't have to listen to somebody tell me that this years contest chairperson suppressed the participation. :frown:

Ed

Ed McDonnell

Here we are heading into the final weekend. Just a couple days left to get your entry completed, photographed (or should I say digitally imaged) and submitted.

I'm going to be spending most of the day working to try and get at least one pen together for myself to enter into a bash contest (not this one, of course) so I will be a little scarce around here.

I will check in around lunch time and dinner time, so if you post or pm questions look for your answers around then.

Ed

Ed McDonnell

Well the first one didn't turn out so hot. .. Then I dropped my last finial in the shavings and can't find it..

If you can't find your final finial, you could always disassemble the pen that didn't turn out so hot and use those parts. Or make a finial out of wood.

Ed

Ed McDonnell

If you really want to be a winner make sure you enter this contest instead of the Trivia Contest because they are giving three four great prizes away and today is almost your last chance to make a pen. So don't waste your time in the in the TRIVIA CONTEST until after you have your entry done here.

Wow!! What a refreshingly honest post.

Thanks!!

Ed

Ed McDonnell

It's about time you woke up and got to work on the important stuff in life. You know, making pens and reading the forum. Sleep is for sissies. Now that you are done with that for the day, let's get busy.:)

We had another nice flurry of pens entered yesterday, but we could use a few more. Today is THE day for that last big push, before the deadline (and that job thing gets in the way again). If you don't have a job, then you could delay that last big push until tomorrow, but why not just finish it up today?

Ed

Ed McDonnell

So which contest is the best one to enter?

It's not even close. This one is the best.

Best prizes.

Best looking chairperson.

Best banter.

Best pens entered.

Best members participating.

All on the best forum on earth (which may need rethinking since this is the best contest in the galaxy and how would it fit into a forum limited to just earth? Something to think about..........)

Ed

Ed McDonnell

All of them but the Advanced is cooler

Mike, Mike, Mike.....You have to know your audience.:wink: You and me in Florida think being "cool" is a good thing. Everybody a little or lot further North are going to think cool is a four letter word. Right up there with "cold" and "snow".

So, if you want to be cool and you would love another couple weeks of cold and snow, then head on over the advanced contest where Mike is giving away free snow cones today. :biggrin:

Everyone else is welcome to hang out here in the hottest contest in this (or any other) universe. We are so hot our gamma rays are about to burst.

Ed

Last edited:

Brian G

Good choice. You had nothing to lose by entering, and who knows it could be a winner.

Good luck!

Ed

That's true, because he already lost his final finial, so he had nothing else to lose. Frome here on, it's all gravy (which probably belongs in the edible pen contest, but that closed).

Last edited:

SteveJ

Done! It was a blast working on this one. Had to figure out to put n/a in the second address line for it to accept my entry. I may not make the top five, but just finishing it was a win in my mind.

Steve

Ed McDonnell

Done! It was a blast working on this one. Had to figure out to put n/a in the second address line for it to accept my entry. I may not make the top five, but just finishing it was a win in my mind.

Steve

Hi Steve - Glad you made it. I'll keep an eye out for your entry. Good luck!!

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We have a slew of entries tonight. In fact its getting down right crowded. Why dont you enter a pen in the Advanced contest where there is less competition!:biggrin:

Ed McDonnell

Mike - I think it's a clever ploy by all the advanced pen makers to keep me from finishing my entry. :) I'm going to be working my fingers to the bone tonight to get the voting poll all set up.

No problem though, I enjoy a challenge. This contest has been a lot of fun, even though I wasn't allowed to enter it.

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Im afraid I have to take all the credit!:biggrin: Ed did all the work to get those great entries in and I was the guy that dumped it on Ed!:biggrin:
Like any good middle manager if Ed succeeds I get to take credit, if he fails well..... hes on his own!:biggrin:

Seriously though Ed has done one really great job of promoting the Contest and it shows. From the number of posts to the number of entries. Its been a blast.

Ed McDonnell

I'm not ready to start celebrating yet. Sure, I got a great turnout, but can I create a ballot and run a poll without errors or controversy?

We always have great voter turnout in Florida. It's the actual voting that always seems to trip us up. Maybe this time will be different!!

Ed

Dan Masshardt

I'm not ready to start celebrating yet. Sure, I got a great turnout, but can I create a ballot and run a poll without errors or controversy? We always have great voter turnout in Florida. It's the actual voting that always seems to trip us up. Maybe this time will be different!! Ed

And we expect the poll to be live at 12:01 :p

Top Bottom