1964 Unisaw Re-furb

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DKF

DKF

One of my wood related endeavors is re-furbing old wood working machinery...my latest was a 1964 Unisaw. Sand blasted, repainted, and taken apart to check all bearings. Polished all hardware etc...Here she is.....

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1426.JPG
    IMG_1426.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 773
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrburls

Great looking saw Don. I find it amazing that the fence set up from the 60's is very similar to the RT-40 12" Delta table saw I have now. I love using the fence on the saw.

Keith "mrburls"

DKF

Nice work! Looks like the original motor (?) and switch. No goose egg, though? Too bad. Got any pics of the guts?

Yes it is the original motor and switch......as well as most everything else...the door/tag was not there so I had to find one and replace it, as well as one of the fence tube rails.....no goose egg, and as I found out, holes were drilled for it, but it was an option and not on all...therefore the lack of them available now. (expensive if you find them....and heavy to ship).

Thanks all for the replies.....one of my goals is to have most all of my shop old american iron if possible....already have tablesaw, drill press, jointer, grinder, buffer....have another drill press and radial arm saws in the wings waiting....

76winger

From someone who restored a 1954 ShopSmith, I how much work can be involved to do a really nice job like that. Good work.

Top Bottom