Freestyle Pen Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pssherman

I was asked to stop, so I did. Guess some people just couldn't handle the heat.

Russell.

Were you talking about trash? Or something else? If this is about trash talk, shouldn't we talking about trash?:rolleyes:

Couldn't handle the heat?? Yea, I guess trash would get a bit rank if you add too much heat.

Last edited:

OKLAHOMAN

Now we've got the guy from Florida, who jumps out of perfectly good airplanes with 2 pens that make me dizzy looking at them, my best guess is he designed them on a free fall as he was twisting in the air and that finish......oh my mistake thats not a finish, Keith why don't you take the pens apart so you can put a finish on them.
1st entry

1_JG-FP-R-0005-2.jpg

1_JG-FP-R-0005.jpg

2nd entry

1_JS-RB-RG-0002-2.jpg

1_JS-RB-RG-0002.jpg

PenWorks

Keith, those are very nice pens you just posted, just never understood WHYyyyyyyyy someone would take a perfectly good pen blank and cut it all up, just so he could glue it back together showing all the glue lines :eek:

OKLAHOMAN

We finally have a man who tells the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Okay.....so I have to enter to be able to talk some trash, sorry I missed the fun for the past couple weeks, I trash talk better than I can make pens. :biggrin: :)

VisExp

I knew it was a trap :biggrin:

For your information, there is no such thing as a perfectly good airplane! That's why you gotta jump out of them!

In case you didn't recognize it, that there in the background of the pictures is sunshine and blue skies :wink:

me2cyclops

is there a pen there?
ink yes
feather yes
crooked fish on a plank yes
pen.....?

Blue mahoe, poly rattlecan finish.

dolphinpen-finished3.jpg

dolphinpen-finished2.jpg

dolphinpen-finished1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

DurocShark

Not every pen has to have the ink INSIDE a brass tube.

What was your entry again? I've forgotten already. Musta been great.

Mr Vic

Olive Wood

A couple of shots of an Olive wood founten pen...Posted and Unposted. The good folks where I have pens on display took the photos. My intent is to convert to either black&white or grey scale and incorporate in My logo. Figured I'd go ahead and enter them. Just a standard kit but "I" think the Wood and Finish are supurb.

Mr Vic
Falcon CO

Attachments

• OliveWoodFtnUnPost.jpg
    OliveWoodFtnUnPost.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 196
  • OliveWoodFtnPosted.jpg
    OliveWoodFtnPosted.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 195

OKLAHOMAN

Ok so you have clean finger nails........do you ever do any work or do you just spend your time at the manicurist.

Chuck Key

Ink Ball

Kindest Gentlemen,

(to the tune "Baby Got Back")

I don't talk trash but I can not lie.
I am going to spread love till the day I die.
To the judges in the contest that have viewed all the trash,
Please step forward I do have cash!

Open

ups1.jpg

Closed

ups2.jpg

ups3.jpg

Refill goes here DUH.

ups4.jpg

Square threads on cap close with less than 1/2 turn due to positive stop inside cap that mates against the first step on the nib.

No glue on the feeder. Made a tap to match original threads.

Brass accent band made from solid rod.

Number of kit parts used? 0

OKLAHOMAN

Well at least Anthony and I think along the same lines even thought they are different... What in the hell did I just say?

me2cyclops

to the tune of something else nobody has heard in 10 years....

I thought we were finished with the cat turd pens :confused:

PenWorks

No offense Chuckie, even if I dug out my bell bottoms, beads and flowers......
All the love in the world wouldn't help that pen :) Well I take that back, about 20 bong hits might help :biggrin: where is Michael Phelps when you need him.

marcruby

PenDragon

I'm just the photographer here. The real work was done by the usual gang from Michigan - Glenn McCullough, Jeff Powell, and Gary Nicholls.

Marc

Attachments

• Collab1_0005-small.jpg
    Collab1_0005-small.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 247
  • Collab1_0008-small.jpg
    Collab1_0008-small.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 228

PenWorks

What's up with that Marc, Your buddies in Michigan afraid to come out and play, they send you to do their dirty work. This is a foul. Disqualified :mad:

I'm just the photographer here. The real work was done by the usual gang from Michigan - Glenn McCullough, Jeff Powell, and Gary Nicholls.

Marc

PenWorks

Dear Mrs Robinson, that was some pretty bad detective work, if you look closely (which I know is hard at your age judging by the gaps in your pens) this is a different pen. The pen you dug up form the past was sold the next day. You can tell by the cap, The ebonite is clearly cut differently as I make no two pens the same. It is a shame your cousin from Olklahoma jumped on your band wagon. Nothing but a public appology from you both will do.

Yet another old timer who can't read the rules. Thought I saw this before - BUSTED.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6550

ldb2000

Let them enter their OWN pens then .
I say Jeff should pull one of his pens to keep it fair .... how about squishy fish pants ?
What about everyone else , what do you have to say about this ? , I will follow majority rule .

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ldb2000

Ok here's my second entry . It's another paperclip/billy club but this time with a twist . I know there's nothing new under the sun but I can't remember ever seeing a pen like this . This is a pen I call Twindows (Twist Windows).
It is made from some East Indian Rosewood and Curly Maple with a CA finish , some Brass and aluminum and a cigar transmission with a parker type refill .
It is unique in that you operate the pen by twisting the inner barrel (the Curly maple part) to extend or retract the refill . It works very smoothly and has a nice feel to it , even though it's a little long . The refill is replaced by unscrewing the nib . :biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

1_twindows1.jpg

1_twindows2.jpg

with the refill retracted

1_twindows3.jpg

with the refill extended

As always , comments welcome

Last edited:

hebertjo

As if it was not bad enough that I was up late trying to finish this pen in time, our camera ran out of go juice and I could not find the charger. I used the backup instead. All of the resins in this pen came from Ed and Dawn at exoticblanks.com (thanks for the red and gray storm they were perfect). The finial has a sterling silver Aztec calendar embedded in it and the silver bands are polished aluminum tubing.

The pen is my interpretation of the Delta Adivasi pen. I wish I could have modded the clip!

1_freestyle_21.jpg

1_freestyle_22.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom