Freestyle Pen Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

Ok here's my second entry . It's another paperclip/billy club but this time with a twist . I know there's nothing new under the sun but I can't remember ever seeing a pen like this . This is a pen I call Twindows (Twist Windows).
It is made from some East Indian Rosewood and Curly Maple with a CA finish , some Brass and aluminum and a cigar transmission with a parker type refill .
It is unique in that you operate the pen by twisting the inner barrel (the Curly maple part) to extend or retract the refill . It works very smoothly and has a nice feel to it , even though it's a little long . The refill is replaced by unscrewing the nib . :biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

1_twindows1.jpg

1_twindows2.jpg

with the refill retracted

1_twindows3.jpg

with the refill extended

As always , comments welcome

What you meant to say is the refill is replaced by unscrewing the part that doesn't mate flush with the pen body!:rotfl:

ldb2000

Right..this Is CaptG <GARY'S>second entry. so he used one of my blanks, but he made the pen and submitted it. Nice try getting rid of me guys! :tongue:

Ok Jeff , I had hoped it wouldn't come to this but I guess I'll just have to expose the truth about your squishy fish pants pen stand .
The Weekly World News after a exhaustive investigation has uncovered startling photographs showing that Jeff Powell is not only a master scroller but also a master photoshop artist . Below is an unretouched photograph of the real sponge bob pen and below that is the Photoshoped image .

1_sb1a.jpg

1_SB1.jpg

Ok Jeff admit your guilt and remove the sponge from the contest !!!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Bit stubby up front, isn't it Butch??:mad:

I did ask about the refill and mech but didn't read your post properly.

Last edited:

philb

My entry,

Thought I better keep up the numbers for the UK, as our numbers for this contest seem to be a bit low!

Figured Sycamore and African Walnut on Gold-TI

1_scrollgent.jpg

1_scrollgent2.jpg

PHIL

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Dear Mrs Robinson, that was some pretty bad detective work, if you look closely (which I know is hard at your age judging by the gaps in your pens) this is a different pen. The pen you dug up form the past was sold the next day. You can tell by the cap, The ebonite is clearly cut differently as I make no two pens the same. It is a shame your cousin from Olklahoma jumped on your band wagon. Nothing but a public appology from you both will do.
Public apology. I knew you sold the other one, but thought is was a return like most of your customers do with your pens. They write well in the shop but in a few days the glue joints come apart in the hot Arizona sun. But then again, you probably don't care because the shop owner made his money sellng them an insurance policy on the pen. Nice scam.

chriselle

Man,, You guys still at it?? I thought a cease-fire was called about ten pages back...lol. I see some gallant efforts but I still think I got this contest in the bag......carry on..

mrcook4570

My Entry

Two layer pen with vine motif windows. One window on each side, equally spaced around the pen.

Attachments

• leaf1.jpg
    leaf1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 206
  • leaf2.jpg
    leaf2.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 182
  • leaf3.jpg
    leaf3.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 187
  • leaf4.jpg
    leaf4.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 196

PenWorks

Bruce, Apolgy accepted.....has anyone reviewed your life insurance lately, you should check into it with all the casting fumes you have been snorting lately.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Attention - new domain names registered for Anthony

PenWorks sometimes.com
PenWorks in the shop.com
PenWorks occasionally.com
PenWorks on later days in February starting with 3.com
PenWorks well as a substitute engraving tool.com

PenWorks

Bruce, I am not one to rehash old sour news, but since I joined this party late, I did go back and look at your entry. Just had a question, is the end of the cap used to hold corn on the cob! :biggrin:

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Bruce, I am not one to rehash old sour news, but since I joined this party late, I did go back and look at your entry. Just had a question, is the end of the cap used to hold corn on the cob! :biggrin:
Sure does. Its called multitasking. The advantage of a non posting pen. You can eat and write at the same time.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Well if I'm not mistaken, the contest is over!!!!
It sure was fun!!!!:biggrin:

I made another one to replace one of mine but wasn't finished in time. I'll just stick it in SOYP:redface:

Phil, your pen is very cool, but if the judges are harsh then you are also too late:cool:

Let the voting begin and may the best sponge win!!!!:biggrin:

Edit; Phil, you could be ok, I forgot we see local time on the site

PenWorks

Hold on a minute.......I am just now sharpening my skew ...er I mean tongue :) Its not every day I get to be rude and cruel and not get called out on the carpet for it. I'm sure its not 9 am somewhere. Skippy, if I go look at your pen in SOYP I would have to say something nice :biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hold on a minute.......I am just now sharpening my skew ...er I mean tongue :) Its not every day I get to be rude and cruel and not get called out on the carpet for it. I'm sure its not 9 am somewhere. Skippy, if I go look at your pen in SOYP I would have to say something nice :biggrin:

Say what you want to Anthony:mad: But you will live to regret it as I'm plotting another visit to USA. There are now several folks on my *hit list:biggrin:

PenWorks

Skippy, I think I'm safe, rats don't like the heat, they like it where it is dark, cold and damp, so go visit Ed. :)

Besides we still believe in the 2nd Amendment, so tread lightly up my driveway. :cool: I am a better shot than a trash talker.

But on the positive side, should you brave the heat, there are some things in the UK I need you can bring to Arizona with you. :)

ldb2000

Fun contest everyone . There is allot of talent here and I'm proud to have been a part of it . We should do this again , after you clowns refill your seltzer bottles .

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Fun contest everyone . There is allot of talent here and I'm proud to have been a part of it . We should do this again , after you clowns refill your seltzer bottles .

You were part of this 'Talent'??????
Sorry, I didn't notice
Did you make a pen?

:biggrin:

PenWorks

It was fun even though I only had two days of blasting. Lots of nice pen everywhere on this site. Thanks to all those who put this together behind the scenes.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Was fun for sure and a lot of nice entries. This contest should get a prize just for having the most posts and views of bash related activities. A big thank you to Ben and the team for pulling this together.

Marleb

This is the sort of activity that encourages people to participate and stick around to see what more is offered on this great site.

Thanks everyone for a fun time, and nice entries.

Best of luck to all that entered their beautiful pens (and pen holders :wink: )

davinci27

I'm glad everybody had a good time. I really enjoyed reading all the comments.

We've got the top 5 picked out and I'll post the poll in the morning. We've also got the almost made it and the and the best pen kit pen winner.

Thanks everybody and get ready to start voting.

Ben

hebertjo

Ben -

I was re-reading some of the commentary and just now saw that your father in law passed away. I am sorry for your loss and wish you and your family well.

Last edited:

davinci27

Thanks for the well wishes. And let me just say a huge thanks to Ed and the princess. They really stepped up and took the load of the responsibilities for this contest. There's no way we would be anywhere near schedule if it wasn't for them.

Thanks Guys
Ben

davinci27

Okay, the top 5 are posted and ready for voting. I've posted images of each pen. If I posted the wrong image of your pen please let me know. Otherwise start rallying the troops and get the voting numbers high.

--Edit--
Okay I setup the poll up in the wrong place the first time and nobody could vote. Here's the new URL http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43468

Ben

Last edited:
Top Bottom