USA Box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lathemaster

Just a couple of thoughts:

1. Setting up an "account" with USPS is free and you get a discount on shipping when you buy online, print your labels, and tracking numbers are always available in your history.

2. You can use your PayPal account to buy postage, print labels and receive discounts like #1 above and tracking numbers are available in your shipping and account history.

Not trying to slam anyone, but if you are savvy enough to use this forum you are savvy enough to manage shipping.

My 2 cents -- end of gentle rant

Mike

jeweler53

4240 Wellington Loop SE, Lacey, WA, 98503
I pointed each of these things out to kennelmaster when we spoke on the phone. I use USPS.com. In addition, since you have the tracking, you can:

File an insurance claim (in the case of our "lost" box I believe the insurance would have covered up to $50.00)

Schedule a pickup (you never need to go the the post office)

Reprint a label if needed.

Do a variety of other things.

In fairness, kennelmaster offered to stock and send a new box. I just didn't want to rely on that and wanted to get things moving again.

Just a couple of thoughts:

1. Setting up an "account" with USPS is free and you get a discount on shipping when you buy online, print your labels, and tracking numbers are always available in your history.

2. You can use your PayPal account to buy postage, print labels and receive discounts like #1 above and tracking numbers are available in your shipping and account history.

Not trying to slam anyone, but if you are savvy enough to use this forum you are savvy enough to manage shipping.

My 2 cents -- end of gentle rant

Mike

Last edited:

Kennelmaster

OK guys, my two cents....

I received a call on a Sunday morning from a member here. I was asked about the box shipment and reiterated when it was sent and to who. I was told that I didn't post the tracking #. MY FAULT. Just today I found the thread covering this box adventure.

Let me say, I was so thrilled to be able to participate in this event. I was looking forward to the fun. And fun it was up until the point where I screwed up by not understanding the post of the tracking # requirement.

I ship very little. I do not need or want a paypal account or home postage.

The phone call was very disturbing with a lecture on the operation of the USPS. A condemnation of "You've been trouble from the start". Now, the implied comment that I am a thief. (one of the three possibilities)

I did offer my sincere apologies and did offer (as stated) to stuff a new box and send it on it's way the next day but was told "I have more stuff than I'll ever use". It seems to me that the caller just wanted to condemn me. "You may be banned from further IAP activities".

Really guys, Really? This is a form of hobby and relaxation for me. To be berated and tacitly labeled a thief when trying to participate in a new endeavor has left a very, very sour taste in my mouth.

Sorry that I choose not to participate in the future, the potential was there but the experience was horrific.

Paul

Samson11658

usa box
hi i got up this am checked the mail box there was nothing in it at all
i thought o no not again
so i walked around my house looking to see if they thew it somewear nope didnt see it
i had to leave for the day
well about 4 pm i get a message from my gf
guess what showed up in the mail box the BOX YES IT DID i can wait till i get home late tonight to check it out

bloodhound

I am pretty new to the site. So I don't really have a leg to stand on. I joined this site to learn and meet folks with my interest. and as it turns out there are some cool events that take place within. As for this event, It was a lot of fun and I can't wait for the next one.

I was told often three things growing up. If you don't learn something every day. It was a wasted day. If you have to ask it is probably wrong. And you are innocent until proven guilty.

I'm sure Kennel learned something from the event. But most likely not the thing the event is about. I'm sorry to hear that kennel.
The last two kind of go hand in hand in this situation. Give someone the benefit of the doubt. Things get lost/stolen all of the time in the mail. We really shouldn't assume or imply unless we have all of the facts.

Sorry again kennel.
I may have just burned some bridges here. And it's not my site. But I hate to lose people/experience over silly things like finger pointing.

Signoreandrew

I would like to say I'm disappointed in the way people are acting we are all adults and mistakes happen and apology is all that is needed when one happens not to be ridiculed and told how you need to ship and what you NEED to do. Just saying kennel masters apology was enough for me and further more I'm taking my self out of this activity enjoy and sorry for the way people have been treating you kennel master I thought we were all mature adults

jeweler53

An apology

kennelmaster,

I apologize if I was short or gruff on the phone. It is sometimes my nature and I didn't mean to be either rude or unkind. If I have made an inaccurate characterization regarding what happened it was unintended. I did not say or intend to imply that you are a thief.

The IAP is loaded with wonderful people! There are many group activities and I have the pleasure of participating in quite a few of them. I hope that what has happened here does not dissuade you from participating in such activities in the future.

Most of the activities have been conducted more than once, and many have run into obstacles such as this in the past. A set of "rules" or "guidelines" often arises from those situations to help from repeating the difficulties of the past. It is when things run smoothly that they are the most fun!

To this end Mike has posted the following guidelines for ALL group activities.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/iap-activity-rules-rev-7-1-13-a-112245/

They are worth reviewing from time to time. My only request to you (and anyone else participating in a group activity), is that you read, understand and follow the rules.

Again, my apologies.

Kennelmaster

kennelmaster,

I apologize if I was short or gruff on the phone. It is sometimes my nature and I didn't mean to be either rude or unkind. If I have made an inaccurate characterization regarding what happened it was unintended. I did not say or intend to imply that you are a thief.

The IAP is loaded with wonderful people! There are many group activities and I have the pleasure of participating in quite a few of them. I hope that what has happened here does not dissuade you from participating in such activities in the future.

Most of the activities have been conducted more than once, and many have run into obstacles such as this in the past. A set of "rules" or "guidelines" often arises from those situations to help from repeating the difficulties of the past. It is when things run smoothly that they are the most fun!

To this end Mike has posted the following guidelines for ALL group activities.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/iap-activity-rules-rev-7-1-13-a-112245/

They are worth reviewing from time to time. My only request to you (and anyone else participating in a group activity), is that you read, understand and follow the rules.

Again, my apologies.

Apology accepted... de pjs

Charlie_W

Hey Samson11658, how about an update!

Any pics? Haven't seen any pics since I posted my pics on Jan 18th and 20th. Almost a month ago. Has the original box arrived anywhere yet?

I saw the pic of the replacement box. Which one did Samsom receive?

Curious........

Samson11658

I got the second box. I should get to the post office Monday will post the tracking # then
Trying to figure out how to post the pic on here from my cell

jeweler53

per Samson11658

"Sorry for the delay I will be mailing it Monday we been dealing with snow after snow storm out in Pa. but will be in the mail Monday and I will send you the tracking number and again sorry for the delay Thank You. Glenn"

jeweler53

I do feel sorry for them. The weather there is truly awful. I did make a suggestion to him that I will make to the group as well.

Buy your postage online at USPS.com. You can set up an account in just a few minutes. Then you purchase and print your postage at home. When you do that you can "schedule a pickup" and the postman will pick up the box at an agreed upon location. With a SFRB it is usually just placed in your mailbox. I almost NEVER physically go to the post office.

Since this event started I have mailed out 4 parcels using this system, and it works perfectly. Unless the weather is so bad that mail delivery is halted, "the box can always keep going"!

In the future, please do not use the excuse that "the weather has been really bad". If the mail is being delivered, the box can go on.

Last edited:

jeweler53

Sampson has PMed me that he has shipped the box, but the tracking number he supplied is "NOT FOUND" by USPS. I have asked that he double check the number and get back to me. So..... Here is what I know.

Charlie_W sent the box to Kennelmaster. According to the tracking he provided, the package arrived Jan 23rd.

Kennelmaster mailed the package on Jan 27th. Since there is no tracking, we have no way of determining its disposition, but it appears to be lost.

I mailed a replacement package on Feb 8th to Samson11658. It was delivered on Feb 11th.

Samson11658 mailed the package to Nikitas (I hope) on Feb 23rd (tracking number provided is 1z2591760310296008) This tracking number does not work.

Hopefully we will either get a working tracking number from Sampson11658 or the box will show up in Nikitas mailbox in a couple of days.

What I do know is that if it takes a month to travel between two participants it will be another 6 months until this activity is complete. I hope I don't sound too negative here, and I am not blaming anyone for anything, but if we could pick up the pace I would be happy.

preacherman

Wow guys I just caught up on everything that has gone on here with the box, or should I say boxes. Hope this shows up and the activity continues for all to enjoy. I had fun participating and sent along some nice stuff sure hope all that just didn't end up lost.

TBCbushings

The box should be here in a few days...we arw expected to get 8 to 10 of snow so i hope i get it soon...as sonn as i get it ill post pics and tracking number when shipped...ill turn it around within a day or 2....can't wait !!!

TBCbushings

Box Update!!!! I have the SFRB and will take pics and post tonight!! With new tracking number!!!! WHOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!! It was shipped UPS..

TBCbushings

Here is the contents of the sfrb that came in the mail today. I will make my changes and send tracking info.... Stay tuned !

ForumRunner_20150226_171758.png

Charlie_W

Yay! This box is alive and well!
Thanks Brian for posting some pics!

How is the snow? I heard that Hampton has 4 snow plows....and 10" of snow!

Top Bottom