Crossword Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Hello to my IAP family and welcome to the 7th annual Birthday Bash. This challenge is simple and anyone can play. Complete the following puzzle HEREand submit it via the Entry Form. Some of the answers are more than one word. For the purpose of this puzzle, please omit any spaces when filling these into the puzzle. There will be TWO (2) prizes awarded for this contest. To make it fair for all time zones, there will be a random drawing from those to get the correctly solved puzzle to me (via e-mail) within TWELVE (12)hours of the contest announcement (this post) and a consolation prize awarded to a random draw winner selected from all remaining and correctly completed puzzle entries e-mailed to me by the end of the contest. This includes all entries except the 1st winner, so solve it early and you will have 2 chances at a prize.

1st Winner-6" calipers and $25 gift certificate donated by Wooden Wonders (Monty)

2nd Winner-3(three) 3D blanks and a pen bow w/ insert donated by Creative Dimensions (greenmtnguy and NewLondon88)

Only CORRECTLY COMPLETED entries count, so get it done as quickly as possible, but make sure you review your answers carefully. This contest will close at 11:00 PM EST on FEB 5th. Entries received after that time will not be eligible for the drawing. The time stamp on the received e-mail will be used to determine the grouping from which the initial winner will be drawn from.

A HUGE thanks to Curtis (MesquiteMan) for helping me get an interactive puzzle created.

Disclaimer: In the event of there being more than one "correct" answer to a given question, the one that fits within the puzzle parameters is the correct response. In the event two answers would happen to both fit the criteria, as long as it can be verified to be a correct response to the question, both answers will be considered correct for the purpose of the puzzle.

To submit your puzzle to me via the entry form:
1) Complete the Puzzle
2) Go to the link to save as a PDF file (upper left)
3) In the window that opens, click on Download PDF File
4) Save this file
5) After saving the file, close that window
6) Click Submit Your Puzzle (bottom center)
7) Fill out the Entry Form and upload your saved PDF (fields marked with * are required)
8) Click Submit

You are done, Thank You.
If you have any problems with the form, please feel free to contact Curtisfor assistance. He helped me make the contest more interactive and crazily volunteered to help with any tech help that may need needed. His information is at the bottom of the puzzle. Thanks again Curtis.

Go to puzzle HERE.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Come on, guys, it is not that hard! (even Landon, who created the crossword puzzle, had to cheat when he tested the interactive version I created!)

David Keller

I've got two left and strangely they're both wood questions. My googler is gonna be sore tomorrow!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Guys, there is a problem with the PDF creation process. We tested it out thoroughly, or so we thought, but for some reason, when you create the pdf file, it will create a blanks puzzle with none of your words filled in. I am really sorry for this and am quite embarassed! For the time being, if you happen to get the puzzle solved, please do a screen capture (alt key and prtScrn key) and then past the screen capture into your paint program. Save that file and send it to Landon via the entry form.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Guys, there is a problem with the PDF creation process. We tested it out thoroughly, or so we thought, but for some reason, when you create the pdf file, it will create a blanks puzzle with none of your words filled in. I am really sorry for this and am quite embarassed! For the time being, if you happen to get the puzzle solved, please do a screen capture (alt key and prtScrn key) and then past the screen capture into your paint program. Save that file and send it to Landon via the entry form.
Well crud, :mad: I guess the screen capture is next best. It WAS working.:at-wits-end:

Last edited:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I give up unless someone wants to give me the answers :biggrin:
Please don't give up, 99 percent of the info is very IAP related. Google will help some but you might have to dig deeper for others. Keep at it.

Landon

RyanNJ

I give up unless someone wants to give me the answers :biggrin:
Please don't give up, 99 percent of the info is very IAP related. Google will help some but you might have to dig deeper for others. Keep at it.

Landon
been at it for 4 hours now... i have 10 left, looks like this is one for the old timers to solve,
also makes me realize i havent dealt with enough woods

Last edited:

hewunch

I've got two left and strangely they're both wood questions. My googler is gonna be sore tomorrow!

I am right there with you. Also, I have one that I think is misspelled. IOW, I think Landon Misspelled it, but I know it is right. Also the "Heavywood" has at least 3 answers that will work. :redface: I guess I will just have to quit now, but it was fun.:frown:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam

I am right there with you. Also, I have one that I think is misspelled. IOW, I think Landon Misspelled it, but I know it is right. Also the "Heavywood" has at least 3 answers that will work. :redface: I guess I will just have to quit now, but it was fun.:frown:
PM me if you think there is a mistake so I can double check. Also, do all three of your "Heavywoods" work with the intersecting word(s)? If so go back and read my disclaimer in the original post. :wink:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator

Hans, if it is the one we talked about on the phone, it is indeed correct as Landon has it. I double checked the spelling and it works on my end.

hewunch

I just re-read, my post. I am in no way trying to poo poo Landon or Curtis in their efforts. This has been fun and frustrating (not unlike most crosswords I do).

omb76

This just emphasized why I don't like crossword puzzles...LOL! 7 errors and 14 incomplete words. :confused: Good luck everyone!

IPD_Mrs

Yes Curtis - it is as tough as we think it is .. OUCH! LOL .. normally these things are a breeze ... this is about like the weather outside :eek:
Linda

LEAP

This thing is kicking my butt! 10 more to go and I've been at it for hours. Lots of fun though thanks guys, Your ears must be burning cause I've been saying some not so nice things about both of you!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Lots of fun though thanks guys, Your ears must be burning cause I've been saying some not so nice things about both of you!

Hey, it's all Landon's fault! All I did was make it interactive on the web with his words and clues! :biggrin: For $5 I will sell the answer key!

greggas

4 to go but have not made any progress in about 45 minute...everything is blurry...this was fun...learned a lot...

will the solution be posted at some point? I have one answer that I have made work about 5 different ways but never the right answer and it is driving me crazy:confused:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
4 to go but have not made any progress in about 45 minute...everything is blurry...this was fun...learned a lot...

will the solution be posted at some point? I have one answer that I have made work about 5 different ways but never the right answer and it is driving me crazy:confused:
I will post my "CORRECT" answers at the end. I have been pressured into giving a hint, since it is my contest, I guess I can do that right?:biggrin:

Yes folks, I admitted that I caved in to peer pressure!

Attachments

• puzzle hint.jpg
    puzzle hint.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

randywa

Lots of fun though thanks guys, Your ears must be burning cause I've been saying some not so nice things about both of you!

Hey, it's all Landon's fault! All I did was make it interactive on the web with his words and clues! :biggrin: For $5 I will sell the answer key!

After I buy the splint for my brain that I broke on this, I don't have $5.

Top Bottom