Zip code?? Please answer the poll--THANKS!! Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Would you be willing to tell IAP your zip code?

• Yes, I would love to meet other penturners.

Votes: 294 96.7%
  • No--good luck finding me!

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I got a better idea, which I have explained in the thread!

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

brez

I think this is a great idea and should reveal some member groupings on a map where a new chapter would help a lot of folks.
Maybe it has been asked in this thread, but I haven't seen it yet.
I can see where the ZIP is entered but why doesn't it show in the on-screen avtar profile?
Also, I plan to do some traveling this fall and how do I search profiles for ZIP to look for members around the country?
Maybe the ZIP can also be added to the avtar shown on each post to see who lives in your "neighborhood". Texas is a big state with a lot of members. I don't always recognize their city or its location. The ZIP would help locate members. San Antonio area has over 70 zip codes. (I didn't know that until I just looked it up :confused:)
Alamo Penturners just became a new Chapter and we want to grow. Hopefully, adding ZIP will help.
Thanks
gordon

When we started collecting zip codes, the stated purpose was for the Chapter Development Team to discover areas where the concentration of members might suggest a new chapter.

We've told members that the data would not be visible to members.

attachment.php

Making that searchable is a one-click change, but I don't believe we can do that without changing that disclaimer and starting over. Other suggestions welcome.

I can't find the box to enter the zip code, Where is it?

Thanks
Mike

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Can we make a map that pins each zip code/member. I mean that wouldn't pin point an individual just give you a general location.

Pros....knowing who is close maybe meeting someone great for newbies and old timers.

Cons....Well can't really think of any except that individual that just don't want to be bothered by anyone!!!

That's the ultimate goal. It's just a matter of making the time to do it right :biggrin: There are various ways to do it, but I don't like to cobble something together just to say we have it.

If someone wants to remain incognito, they just don't enter their zip!

flyitfast

Jeff, thanks for refreshing my "diminishing" memory. I do agree that the original stated reason is probably for the best. Otherwise it could become a marketing tool and other possible misuses. I stand corrected.
gordon

When we started collecting zip codes, the stated purpose was for the Chapter Development Team to discover areas where the concentration of members might suggest a new chapter.

We've told members that the data would not be visible to members.

attachment.php

Making that searchable is a one-click change, but I don't believe we can do that without changing that disclaimer and starting over. Other suggestions welcome.[/quote]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
THANK YOU ALL!!

I know you are making every effort to cooperate and, perhaps, you are also filling in your profile.

Just in case, here is how you can put the zip where it will help most!!!

Attachments

• zip page 1.jpg
    zip page 1.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 139
  • zip page 2.jpg
    zip page 2.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 145

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If there was a place for the zip, could we sort by zip or maybe a place for state where we could sort by states...;;

We hope to use this information to help you find other members in your area when you want to start or expand IAP chapters.

Last I knew we had about 600--with 50 states and international, that is not sufficient information to establish areas of density.

So, we will continue to try to add!!! Thanks to all who list their zip in their profile!!!

Ed
Chapter steering committee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom