Zen with a hint of Opal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolf creek knives

This is a Black Titanium Zen in stabilized Maple Burl that I finished up yesterday. After turning it I noticed a few areas where the blank had some small natural defects that I would normally fill in with saw dust and CA. I felt artistic so instead of saw dust I used crushed Opal. Sorry, the photo's don't do it justice but I think it came out pretty nice. Thanks for looking.

Zen black titanium with maple burl and opal.jpgZen black titanium maple burl with opal.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

Very nice. I often do the same with powders--turquoise, blue lapis, copper, aluminum and "green". Apply when i'm getting close to done turning, and super thin CA carries it to where it needs to go.
earl

Nice looking pen, Tom !!!

I am very partial to the Zen. . Your stabilized Maple is very beautiful !!
Very nice. I often do the same with powders--turquoise, blue lapis, copper, aluminum and "green". Apply when i'm getting close to done turning, and super thin CA carries it to where it needs to go.
earl
Nice work, love the burl. That's a great idea, going to file that one away for later.

This was my first time for a Zen, using Opal and turning Maple burl. I've used colored epoxy in the past but just thought this would maybe work a bit better. I wish the defect had been bigger to really high-lite the Opal, but it is my first try. I've had this pen kit for probably 2 years now and finally got around to giving it a try. I did like the ease of turning the blank and putting everything together. This might become one of my favorite kits.

Top Bottom