Zen Garden

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BRobbins629

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
I wish I could take all the credit for this one, but a few years ago at the MAPG, Eric aka Sylvanite displayed a similar concept. I thought it was cool then and haven't seen him post it here, but I put it away in my brain for future consideration. I needed a pen present for someone who I knew would appreciate the stand as well. Olivewood, reindeer moss, rocks and sand.

attachment.php

Attachments

• zen4.JPG
    zen4.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 556
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I thought I had better pictures, but this is what I can find. I played with the "Garden" and enjoyed it. I've always wanted to make my own; some day! Yours is excellent Bruce.

Last MAPG.

Attachments

• IMG_2083.jpg
    IMG_2083.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_2085.jpg
    IMG_2085.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_2063.jpg
    IMG_2063.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_2065.jpg
    IMG_2065.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

Sylvanite

Bruce,

Your stand looks great. I like the moss compartment (a true Zen garden is supposed to have trees as well as rocks and water), and the more sculpted look you produced. The "Zen Garden Pen" was my entry to the 2015 Birthday Bash Freestyle contest. It was an also-ran there, so I'm happy that it served as an inspiration to you. It's nice to be remembered.

Regards,
Eric

P.S. Mark, I still have most of the pens I made for IAP contests - including the Zen Garden, Antler and Turquoise, and Rifled Cartridge Pens, (but not "Angels and Demons" :)).

Last edited:

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Bruce,

Your stand looks great. I like the moss compartment (a true Zen garden is supposed to have trees as well as rocks and water), and the more sculpted look you produced. The "Zen Garden Pen" was my entry to the 2015 Birthday Bash Freestyle contest. It was an also-ran there, so I'm happy that it served as an inspiration to you. It's nice to be remembered.

Regards,
Eric

P.S. Mark, I still have most of the pens I made for the Birthday Bashes - including the Zen Garden, Antler and Turquoise, and Rifled Cartridge Pens.
Aha. That's why I couldn't find it under one of your posts. Thanks again for the inspiration.

jttheclockman

I love this kind of stuff. Add that extra touch to that special pen. Wish more people would do this. Thanks for showing. That came out well all around.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Bruce,

Regards,
Eric

P.S. Mark, I still have most of the pens I made for the Birthday Bashes - including the Zen Garden, Antler and Turquoise, and Rifled Cartridge Pens.
Aha. That's why I couldn't find it under one of your posts. Thanks again for the inspiration.

I frequently poke around aimlessly at old threads. There are so many wonderful artistic pens from days gone by that are not noticed/known. In my humble opinion, much of what we are doing now is very inferior to that of 5-8 yrs ago. I include myself in the uninformed (but I'm trying to get get caught up). "Angels and Demons" is doing fine, and making the rounds - actually usually a popular item.

jttheclockman

Bruce,

Regards,
Eric

I frequently poke around aimlessly at old threads. There are so many wonderful artistic pens from days gone by that are not noticed/known. In my humble opinion, much of what we are doing now is very inferior to that of 5-8 yrs ago. I include myself in the uninformed (but I'm trying to get get caught up). "Angels and Demons" is doing fine, and making the rounds - actually usually a popular item.

Oh I will second this. They got lost through the years and many of those turners are either not with us any more or just left the site but their work is left behind. I highly recommend anyone who has free time to scan some old posts or look through the photo albums of members.

I know myself I have a folder of some past pens made by others that I want to try to duplicate and or add something of my own to just show a way to honor their work and keep it alive. With some of the newer techniques available it just maybe possible to do some of these because some have secrets developed within them that has kept me from trying but before I leave this earth I will try my best.

Top Bottom