zCollaborative Creative Challenge WINNER--won by Smitty!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mike Broberg (Activities Chairman par excellance) dreamed up a new contest that ran nearly a year. A group of pen makers drawn from a pool of volunteers would develop and produce a pen. EACH member had to play a part. So, some of the pens traveled cross country.

The entries that were completed have been donated to the IAP for the betterment of the forum. I have been asked to present them in this year's auction. We will start with this amazing canon---the winning entry. Here is the description, submitted by the team members:

Team Scuttlebutt (aka Team 2) has submitted a unique desk set pen for the 2014 Bash CCC. The idea was to create a desk set pen that if one were to look at it, it would not immediately be recognized as a pen. The pen in this case is an interpretation of a 18th century naval cannon sitting on a gun carriage on the deck of a frigate. The outer ring of the base, the gun carriage and the ammunition box are made from walnut while decking material is bass wood planking from a model ship. The cannon is PR and is on a modified Senior Gent kit.

BSea (Bob Dupras) poured the PR, made the base, gun carriage, ammunition box and cannon balls and added the fine details as well as took the photographs.
Katsin (Scott Garrison) turned the front end of the cannon and did the research on the cannon used as an inspiration.
walshjp17 (John Walsh) turned the cannon's back end and fitted and modified the pen kit parts.

Through many conference calls, emails and texts, Team Scuttlebutt discussed several options and decided that the desk set pen was the best way to project the ideas that we came up with. We had a blast during this project.

This auction will close SUNDAY AT 9 PM EASTERN
I will entertain an opening bid of $25 or more.

Attachments

• CCC8.jpg
    CCC8.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 634
  • CCC7.jpg
    CCC7.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Wow! is just not enough. This might be the most creative pen presentation I've ever seen. It would be right at home in a museum or on some CEO's desk. Good luck if you are bidding!

Last edited:

hard hat

Good job to the team! A very creative idea for sure and well executed. Will this be at MAPG this year for viewing?

alphageek

Former Moderator
$250 - I'd love to get it for this, but somehow I doubt it..... Getting to a limit here, but it's worth a shot (queue rimshot sound effect)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
WOW!!!! I guess there IS interest in finished pens!!! At least in THESE finished pens!!!

Time for us to head home for dinner!!

At the moment,

Wayne is "in"
at
$325!!

Feel free to bid----I will return in the morning!!!

THANKS again to all who have bid!!!

Ed​

stonepecker

As long as there hasn't been a bid in the last 20 hours.......Why don't we just call it good Ed and close this auction? *Hey, it was worth a try*

Nice... This one shot up quick, but I'll be shocked if you get it at this price ;)

Dean, I would have been shocked if I would get it for that price also. Thankfully, I have a second banker that I could talk to.

$345.00

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
My buddy Wayne seems to want
this one!!

THANK YOU to
EVERYONE who
is bidding
(except Dawn, of course)

Who will say

$355 or more??

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
oh, oh.... I was just waiting for you to start bidding in on this one.
Oh, don't let me worry you Dean, I'm just a poor retiree living on a fixed income with a heart condition, a wife and two dogs to take care of. Of course I obviously don't have one of these in my pen collection.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK, we let Smitty have the lead for the last three hours,

So now,

WHO
WILL MAKE IT
$365

(a dollar a day!)
For the FANTASTIC
Cannon!!

stonepecker

Smitty already took me out of the bidding :bananen_smilies046:

I just have to save more during the year to bid more :laugh:

But the auctions are not done yet :bananen_smilies035: and I am still here.

Top Bottom