Yunstone finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hodsdonr

Hi guys, just made my first "Yunstone " pen, was convinced to try turning one. Black and white Marble
Don't know if there will be a second as too dusty and tough on HSS tools,
I am now sitting at the stage of what finish to apply. have sanded through the grits etc. now need to apply a finish sealer etc. Need to prevent staining etc.
What have you used CA, Wax , etc
Thanks
Richard

zig613

I haven't heard of Yunsone before however, a quick Goggle search shows that it is similar composition of TruStone. I don't apply a finish to TruStone, simply sand and polish the same as acrylic or poly resin blanks.

Hodsdonr

I haven't heard of Yunsone before however, a quick Goggle search shows that it is similar composition of TruStone. I don't apply a finish to TruStone, simply sand and polish the same as acrylic or poly resin blanks.
Thanks Zig, yes it TruStone by another supplier and name,
Your clients haven't reported staining problems? Marble does stain but maybe the acrylic will prevent that
Richard

zig613

Thanks Zig, yes it TruStone by another supplier and name,
Your clients haven't reported staining problems? Marble does stain but maybe the acrylic will prevent that
Richard
No staining has been reported. I personally have a Banded Malachite JR Statesman that I have been using for over 5 yrs and no staining.

Top Bottom