Your favorite Dayacom Pen Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

makaiolani

Aloha Guys,

I've just returned from Taipei, Taiwan and had several meetings with Dayacom. We are working on a deal to bring in 30 or more pen kit styles into the US market and I thought I'd do a poll here on Penturners.org to see what kits would be the most popular. This will allow people to purchase kits without dealing with foreign customs fees or large shipping costs. I'll keep an inventory here in the USA.

Please list them down on this thread and I will start to put the order together based on the responses here.

Here's their website for reference.

DAYACOM INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD

Thanks
Aaron Lau

mjrbuzz

probably on my own here but the 131-0527 slim bullet looks interesting, also like 131-0519 click pen with out centerband, all of their high end stuff looks nice but usually outta my price range

Last edited:

jttheclockman

The Imperial both platings and both types. This kit was a hit not long ago when a group buy was put together. This could be an interesting prospect. I suggest you look around at other vendors that are selling them. Good luck with your quest. Hope you are successful enough that it pays dividends for us all.

Last edited:

greggas

Hi Aaron
my suggestions would be:

The Zen ( magnetic top...)
Jr Retro ( Jr Victor) Fountain Rhodium, BT, and COPPER..PLEASE KEEP DOING YOUR TWO-TONEDJR RETROS"S...great look and my best selling pen !
Citizen
Steelman
Abraham Fountain
Dayacom pen with threaded end ( your "Stretch" pen) also in Rhodium

glad to see you are expanding your inventory, you have always had some of the best around

makaiolani

Let me edit. I don't want to carry any pens that other companies may already have. I can also work with Dayacom on the platings. I know some of them are not going to sell well in the USA market.

jttheclockman

Let me edit. I don't want to carry any pens that other companies may already have. I can also work with Dayacom on the platings. I know some of them are not going to sell well in the USA market.

Wait a second. There is nothing wrong with you carrying any kits they offer. If you can get them in at a cheaper price so be it. No rules against that. happens all the time. Just look at PSI kits and Beara kits. Many people carry the same kits. This is why we do group buys to get the best lowest price.

Dan Masshardt

How about 131-6554Magnetic Top Cap Fountain Pen Kit in Black Ti. 131-2326Jr. Nobleman Pen w/ Smooth End Cap Kit also postable.

Aaron,

This is very exciting for you and for us.

I've long wondered why so many of the dayacom kits are mostly unavailable in the us market.

A couple thoughts. There has been some frustration when the primary supplier of what we call the Jr Gent changed suppliers and this some threads etc. If you provided these from dayacom, I suspect it will continue to be a standard.

The magnetic cap rollerball is popular as well. I'd love to try the fountain version, although I'll admit I'm not sure how it would feel to hold this particular pen. I just made one of your stretch pens and it's great.

I'd also recommend and I would buy some of the rollerball/ fountains that are not carried elsewhere.

A couple that appeal to me.

Jr Morgan
Citizen

Also, I'd love access to that cufflink kit in rhodium.

I see lots of cool acrylic displays and some boxes there too. I like the look of the Miami box.

makaiolani

Wait a second. There is nothing wrong with you carrying any kits they offer. If you can get them in at a cheaper price so be it. No rules against that. happens all the time. Just look at PSI kits and Beara kits. Many people carry the same kits. This is why we do group buys to get the best lowest price.

As much as I would like to get more business from everyone, I can't afford to get into a pricing war with other larger companies if my margins are already very thin. Please keep in mind that I pay large amounts of shipping and customs fees to bring in these kits, as well as storage and time in sending them out. I want to bring in kits that people cannot get. I think this will bring in more variance in pens being made!

Dan Masshardt

Sorry I saw this after my post.

I think you already do though on a couple of your single tube ballpoints.

You could change up platings to be different like your jr retro. Where the other supplier uses the black accent.

Your current offerings are all pretty classy.

Speaking of which - stay clear of that jr Ceres. Red white and blue on an other wise beautiful pen? Crazy.

makaiolani

How about 131-6554Magnetic Top Cap Fountain Pen Kit in Black Ti. 131-2326Jr. Nobleman Pen w/ Smooth End Cap Kit also postable.

Aaron,

This is very exciting for you and for us.

I've long wondered why so many of the dayacom kits are mostly unavailable in the us market.

A couple thoughts. There has been some frustration when the primary supplier of what we call the Jr Gent changed suppliers and this some threads etc. If you provided these from dayacom, I suspect it will continue to be a standard.

The magnetic cap rollerball is popular as well. I'd love to try the fountain version, although I'll admit I'm not sure how it would feel to hold this particular pen. I just made one of your stretch pens and it's great.

I'd also recommend and I would buy some of the rollerball/ fountains that are not carried elsewhere.

A couple that appeal to me.

Jr Morgan
Citizen

Also, I'd love access to that cufflink kit in rhodium.

I see lots of cool acrylic displays and some boxes there too. I like the look of the Miami box.

With regards to the threading, Dayacom will make the best threading possible because I consistently tell them if something is wrong or not working. I make thousands of pens myself every year and if a kit is not working, I don't sell it to you guys.

Dayacom was actually one of the original designers of pen kits. Then the other companies took their designs and had them made more cheaply in China. This is how PSI and Berea got started. I discussed things with the owner for many hours and he is so frustrated that he couldn't contain his emotions over this.

jttheclockman

As much as I would like to get more business from everyone, I can't afford to get into a pricing war with other larger companies if my margins are already very thin. Please keep in mind that I pay large amounts of shipping and customs fees to bring in these kits, as well as storage and time in sending them out. I want to bring in kits that people cannot get. I think this will bring in more variance in pens being made!

AAron no one is saying to get into a price war. What has happened in the past when people have tried dealing with Dayacom it was very difficult. The logistics and costs were a deep concern and that is why it has not happened sooner. It has been stated many times here over and over how much money it takes to keep inventory and the more kits with multiple platings is even more of a strain. So for you to even offer 30 different kits has to be a huge burden. My point is if you have a tighter connection to the main source than take advantage of it and it would be great if you pass it on to us. Competition is what we are all about. Free enterprise. Why do you think there are different vendors that make their own line of kits that are extremely like the ones others sell. They are competing for that same $$$.

You carry a line of kits and the public makes the decision weather to buy from you or not. You charge what you need to do. You are not doing any of this to lose money as is no other vendor. Every person here that makes pens to sell is in competion in some way or other. Especially if they sell in the same venue.

Anyway I hope something could be worked out because it would be nice to get a different looking kit or two available that has quality backing it. Good luck. Take care.

Last edited:

thewishman

Sounds like a BIG project!

Here are my favorites (trying not to overlap currently available styles):

Archi Pencil 131-6648
Jr. George 131-6558
Solomon twist 131-6551
Jr. Zeus 131-0543
Alexander fountain/rb 131-6632
9.10 ball pen 131-6052

Turned Around

I like:
Jr. Aaron
Great Palace Vine
Jr. Anthony has a nice, simple look to it
I'm not a complete fan of them, but i think the Cupid pens owuld sell fairly well, especially with the rose gold plating

magpens

For a totally differnt style I like the Squareman - 131-6638

Comes in a variety of color anodizations.

When they say MOQ 500 pcs does that mean you have to order 500 all in the same color ?

Dan Masshardt

I like: Jr. Aaron Great Palace Vine Jr. Anthony has a nice, simple look to it I'm not a complete fan of them, but i think the Cupid pens owuld sell fairly well, especially with the rose gold plating

I could see the Cupid being a good seller. Looks a bit classier that some of the alternatives on the market. I'd go with a more durable plating though.

SteveG

Aaron, about 2 years ago, you dropped the Retro kit-Rollerball in the Black Ti finish (retaining the other finishes). It would sure be great to bring that back. Your main competition in this particular kit/finish is CSUSA, but their offering has black accents, compared to your product with the rhodium accent. That seeming small difference is actually a very large difference. If one would put these two kits in a side-by-side finished pen comparison, the CSUSA product is nice, but your Retro-Rollerball with the rhodium accents is WOW! I am hoping it will return with your new arrangement.

southernclay

The citizen and several of the Jrs look great. Postable is better. The steelman is a pretty nice looking ballpoint too. There has been a lot of call around here for a thinner rollerball, if that is a possibility I think that is a niche that is needing more options.

You may could do a group buy as you launch to really see market reaction and if people are willing to put their money where their mouths are....me included :biggrin: That may help offset some initial costs and see what people are really after with known costs.

Hope it goes great for you!

makaiolani

For a totally differnt style I like the Squareman - 131-6638

Comes in a variety of color anodizations.

When they say MOQ 500 pcs does that mean you have to order 500 all in the same color ?

Yes usually. I do have the square man right now in a two tone titanium plating already if your wanted to try that.

makaiolani

The citizen and several of the Jrs look great. Postable is better. The steelman is a pretty nice looking ballpoint too. There has been a lot of call around here for a thinner rollerball, if that is a possibility I think that is a niche that is needing more options.

You may could do a group buy as you launch to really see market reaction and if people are willing to put their money where their mouths are....me included :biggrin: That may help offset some initial costs and see what people are really after with known costs.

Hope it goes great for you!

I've been working on my own designs to make a thinner rollerball. Hopefully things can workout. The only problem with the thinner rollerball is the durability of the threading.

Bean_Counter

alot of these kits get out my price range QUICK, but I really like the Junior Antony and I really like the Junior Abraham as well, has a nice masculine look to it.

Really like the look of the squareman as well.

Last edited:

makaiolani

alot of these kits get out my price range QUICK, but I really like the Junior Antony and I really like the Junior Abraham as well, has a nice masculine look to it.

Really like the look of the squareman as well.

I like to shape it larger in the front to better balance the pen. It has been selling pretty well with my customers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 332

magpens

I am going to put in votes for these :

131-0525 Knob Slide Action
131-0519 9.5mm Click
131-6644 Oscar Twist
131-6637 Gentry Slimline
131-1543 Floral Classic ..... probably won't get support for this one
131-6052 9.1mm Knurled Center
131-5199 Cloisonne .......... almost certainly won't get suppore for this one

I like some of the other suggestions also so may add to my list.

blade.white

1960 Diplomat View, Colorado Springs, CO 80905
If I started a company I would try to carry kits other companies don't have yet. I would like to see someone carry the following kits.

131-0511 Diana Twist Ball Pen Kit Black TN (William Wood Write carries chrome and gold)

131-6631 Eugene Fountain/ Rollerball Pen Kit (Black TN with clear crystal to start)

131-0524 Jr. Aaron Fountain/ Rollerball Pen Kit

Last edited:

SSGMEADER

Although I see the point- as a person who tends to do smaller orders- I'm more likely to try new kits that I can't get anywhere else when I'm in search of certain standby, such as the Jr Gentleman's - It's more of a 1 stop shop thing for me.

Dale Lynch

Hi Aaron,

I went though their catalog, excluding what I know can be gotten elsewhere and others that I don't care for.Here's the list of pen sets I came up with.

Jr. Aaron
Jr. Arthur
Jr. Anthony
Jr.George
Jr. Morgan
Abraham
Cupid
Cloisonne
Todd
Solomon
9.5 click
Diana
Alexander
Pyramidal Sienna
Kent
Combo pen pencil
2mm scetch
Reynold

Other things that might be worth a look are

engraved front grips
cufflinks
zippered pen case

makaiolani

Hi Aaron,

I went though their catalog, excluding what I know can be gotten elsewhere and others that I don't care for.Here's the list of pen sets I came up with.

Jr. Aaron
Jr. Arthur
Jr. Anthony
Jr.George
Jr. Morgan
Abraham
Cupid
Cloisonne
Todd
Solomon
9.5 click
Diana
Alexander
Pyramidal Sienna
Kent
Combo pen pencil
2mm scetch
Reynold

Other things that might be worth a look are

engraved front grips
cufflinks
zippered pen case

Wow that's a list!

ChrisN

I think the Combo pen/pencil would be cool to try, especially if it came in a higher end plating, or at least chrome.

jallan

I would be interested in 131-0535 great palace vine in fountain and rollerball, 131-1543 floral classic kit in both fp and rb, and 131-4181 imperial pen kit also in fp and rb. If the prices were right.

Charlie69

Be cool if Dyacom made a roller ball that didn't have the long section/nose cone that is so prevalent with rb kits. Something like the Cambridge or Churchill kits but with a thinner o.d..

Top Bottom