You might be a veteran if...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crashmph

skillcraft.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jd420214

Gotta be Air Force ours in the Army didnt have the fancy center band either in fact I still have a few of them around found them in one of those mystery boxs that we forgot about what we put in them.

tbroye

When I was in the Army the didn't trust us with sharp pointy things and no lead in the pencils . Also No writing your Congressmen, Senator and if you wrote you girlfriend or parents all was great.

Mr Vic

Only used grease pencils on the tip of helicopter blades. Red and Black and then while it was rotating at full speed rub a canvas strap flag into them to check the alignment (track and balance).

MTViper

Spent some years as a forward air controller, airborne and ground - lived on grease pencils. Laminated maps on the ground and insides of aircraft canopies in the air. What a mess, but I was pretty good at cleaning it up when I got on the ground rather than leaving it for the crew chief to clean.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Navy --- we might have been issued a scripto mechanical pencil in boot camp...My watch station as an ET was usually in CIC and we used grease pencil for plotting target tracks (either air or surface targets). Don't know what the "gravel agitators" and "jr birdmen" used in those days of wooden ships and iron men.

Top Bottom