You have got to see this fishing rod

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
You have got to see this incredible fishing rod made by custom rod builder, Kyle Judd of Coastal Bend Custom Rods. Kyle is a customer of mine and does INCREDIBLE work. He is a member here too, he just does not post much. Oh yeah, did I mention, the rod was donated by Kyle to Penefit.org for the Cody Colley benefit?:)

attachment.php

It has rattlesnake skin and an "Original Cactus Blank"™ butt grip inlaid with South Padre Island sand and rattlesnake fangs! To see more pictures, visit http://penefit.org/index.php?option=com_bfauction_pro&task=listItems&limitstart=0&Itemid=13

Attachments

• Kylerod2.jpg
    Kylerod2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 737
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
No, the auciton software stops all bids when the end time arrives. I will be starting to remove the closed items this evening. However, being new to this software, I am not sure what happens when someone wins the bid so I want to make sure the item has been paid for before I remove it in case the winner needs to click on it to pay.

wood-of-1kind

No, the auciton software stops all bids when the end time arrives. I will be starting to remove the closed items this evening. However, being new to this software, I am not sure what happens when someone wins the bid so I want to make sure the item has been paid for before I remove it in case the winner needs to click on it to pay.

Thanks for the clarification and continued success with this very worthy cause.

robutacion

No doubt a lot of interesting work on that fishing rod, my question is, is it actually usable for fishing or is more a "display" rod...??? either way, the idea of sand to contra-balance the rods end is interesting, while the rattlesnake "fangs" as a decorative item, is a little scary, a lot of people would probably be a little edgy to get their hands near it, even tough I believe the maker as put a fair amount of clear material over them but still, some wouldn't be too keen regardless, huh...???

God bless peoples imagination...!!!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
is it actually usable for fishing or is more a "display" rod...???
Cheers
George

It is absolutely usable for fishing! Kyle has a professional bass fisherman customer that will not fish with anything but one of his rods with my cactus butts.

Also, the winner of a recent Speckled Trout tournament on the Texas coast won using one of his rods with my cactus!

Definitely not just a display piece.

Top Bottom