Yookers conversion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

Has anyone tried to take a Yookers (or similar) fiber/felt nib and put it into a kit or modified kit? I know they will take both cartridges and the Schmidt fountain pen converters. Some people prefer the feel (more like a pencil to me) of a fiber tip on the paper, but the PSI kits just don't look attractive in my opinion. I'm sure it could be done more easily for those set up to make and thread kitless barrels.

1672798607875.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

So, I don't know how long ExoticBlanks has had these, but I noticed them yesterday when I was ordering some refills for some pens I recently made for a customer. I was intrigued by what the possibility they open up:

I guess, this is only one line weight, but maybe there are more options here? Could of course, be used with any rollerball compatible with 5888s, so the quality is up to you, as far as what kit you use.

InkyMike

Montblanc has fine-liner refills as well - I'm not sure if they are re branded Schmidt's or not, but I've always liked how they write.

Michael

rixstix

Does anyone know the size of the screw thread?
The thread size of the Yookers is m10 x 1.0
The Yookers pen is a snap cap

Rick's opinion based upon the Yookers pen, a PSI fiber pen and my kitless PSI fiber tip....
  • The Yookers fiber tip seems to be much more fragile than the PSI fiber tip based upon the condition of arrival.
  • The Yookers fiber tipped pen does not stay 'wet' as long as the PSI fiber tip (both kit and kitless)
The PSI fiber tip thread is the same as the SKM-88 m7 x .75

I haven't tried but it might not be difficult to re-tap a kit section to the SKM-88 thread size and replace the nib/feed with the PSI fiber tip.

wimkluck

The thread size of the Yookers is m10 x 1.0
The Yookers pen is a snap cap

Rick's opinion based upon the Yookers pen, a PSI fiber pen and my kitless PSI fiber tip....
  • The Yookers fiber tip seems to be much more fragile than the PSI fiber tip based upon the condition of arrival.
  • The Yookers fiber tipped pen does not stay 'wet' as long as the PSI fiber tip (both kit and kitless)
The PSI fiber tip thread is the same as the SKM-88 m7 x .75

I haven't tried but it might not be difficult to re-tap a kit section to the SKM-88 thread size and replace the nib/feed with the PSI fiber tip.
Thanks. PSI kit are not easy to get her in the Netherlands. The Yooken tips can easy be bought in pen shops and online.

sorcerertd

I did know about the Fineliner cartridges. Not sure how long EB has had them, but they have been around for quite a while. I've heard they tend to dry out quickly. I should really try them out for myself.

What I do like about the PSI is that you can choose your own fountain pen ink. I'm not sure how well the shimmering ones would work, but still, it allows for quite a few choices. PSI did say that their tips are not proprietary, but did not say what they were compatible with.

The Yookers will also take the fountain pen converter, so I thought the tips might work out the same as the PSI ones.

Top Bottom