Yet another label casting, my dog.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevers

Hi All,
Here is another label casting. My dog Patients. Gold cigar. 8255 Avery labels. Mr. Fiberglass silmar 41 clear casting resin. Tube left brass. Top barrel is curly maple with CA finish.
Thanks for looking,

200791619148_patients%20pen%20finished650.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
You need to let your dog chomp on the top half of the pen a couple of times to "finish" it! [:D]

Yet another nice pen, Steve!

GK

stevers

Thanks Robert, Feels kinda nice to be able to finally show off. Just kidding, I'm still a beginner compared to some of the folks here. The ones who I learned from, Curtis, Bruce, Ed, Steve and all the rest.

alamocdc

Nice looking Boxer, Steve. My favorite dog... we've raised them since I was a kid, and LOML and I continued. Only dogs we had when the kids were growing up.[;)] Oh, and the pen looks nice too.[:D]

PTJeff

Originally posted by stevers
<br />Hi All,
8255 Avery labels. Mr. Fiberglass silmar 41 clear casting resin.

So is this the magical formula? Thee has been alot of experimenting with labels lately.

stevers

So far so good. I'm going to cast some more this week. Time will tell if it works consistently. I don't think the resin is near as important as the labels and how you treat the tube. Even on dark images, the resin seems to soak into the labels to a certain extent. So treating the tubes on all castings may be the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom