Yet Another 10 Minute Video - Label Prep For Label Casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mg_dreyer

There are many videos out there on casting. This is not one of them – I look at preparing a label for placing it on a tube. Cropping, changing resolution, and sizing are a few of the techniques needed and explored. Then we look at the label paper itself. This is really the first step to the perfect cast. Thanks for watching.

Click Here For The YouTube Video

Thumbnail - 10 Minutes - Acrylic Barbide.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have got to slow down long enough to get caught up on your videos. I've learned a lot in the year I've been turning but I always feel like I can learn more. Thanks for the effort it takes to consistently put these videos together.

Mikeyt

I want to say THANK YOU for your video. I have been casting labels for a few years. Your suggestion on the label paper was right on. I ordered the waterproof glossy paper got it yesterday and printed and casted some photos with it. It is better then I ever expected. I had been using Avery weatherproof labels and was ok not great but would do. I had tried different labels some did ok others waste of money but your suggestion is just right. They stick to the tube great and look great. I also liked the way you put a border around white images that is brilliant. So again I thank you for your video and the information you provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

jttheclockman

This is a very good video and I saved this one. Learned about the paper. Order will be going in. Thanks for showing. Have only done a few over the years but want to do some different pens and a label is in my mind. Thanks again.

jttheclockman

Have you ever done clear labels and if so where did you get supplies and what works best?? Never mind, I just found they have both and much more. That will work. Thanks again.

Last edited:

JohnU

Great video Mark! Ive never seen a video on labels that spelled it out this clearly. Very easy to follow and understand. Looking forward to what's next!

studioseven

How about a part 2 where you go into pressure pot psi and how long to leave blanks in the pressure pot. Those type of questions.

Seven

Top Bottom