Yes, It's another Magnetic Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from egnald

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska.

Yet another Magnetic rollerball from Crooked Mill. This one is chrome and the blank is called "Daybreak". The blank was made from Alumilite by Tim Crowe. Tim is a high school English teacher from the Finger Lakes region of New York. Tim started turning pens in 2019. Prior to that he made electric guitars and their accessories. I love the mix of opalescent red, orange, blue, purple and white all swirled together. The pictures don't do justice to the level of chatoyancy because of the translucency of some of the colors. (You can get a little better indication if you click on the thumbnails and zoom in). Tim makes some really spectacular blanks.

I replaced the Rollerball refill with a blue Pilot G2 Gel ink.

Regards,
Dave

IMG_3492 Cropped.jpg

IMG_3481 Cropped.jpg
IMG_3482 Cropped.jpg
IMG_3483 Cropped.jpg
IMG_3484 Cropped.jpg
IMG_3485 Cropped.jpg
IMG_3486 Cropped.jpg
IMG_3487 Cropped.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

derekdd

Wow, Tim makes a spectacular blank.

That really is eye catching, Dave.

So, the Pilot G2 refill subs for a Parker 888 or 850?

egnald

Wow, Tim makes a spectacular blank.

That really is eye catching, Dave.

So, the Pilot G2 refill subs for a Parker 888 or 850?
The Pilot G2 refill is almost identical in shape and length to the Schmidt 888 rollerball. So far they have worked in every rollerball kit I have made. The tip sticks out just a tad bit more than the Schmidt on a couple of kits but not to the point where it is ugly or problematic. - Dave

derekdd

The Pilot G2 refill is almost identical in shape and length to the Schmidt 888 rollerball. So far they have worked in every rollerball kit I have made. The tip sticks out just a tad bit more than the Schmidt on a couple of kits but not to the point where it is ugly or problematic. - Dave
That's great to know, thanks!

Kcimdrib

Greetings from Nebraska.

Yet another Magnetic rollerball from Crooked Mill. This one is chrome and the blank is called "Daybreak". The blank was made from Alumilite by Tim Crowe. Tim is a high school English teacher from the Finger Lakes region of New York. Tim started turning pens in 2019. Prior to that he made electric guitars and their accessories. I love the mix of opalescent red, orange, blue, purple and white all swirled together. The pictures don't do justice to the level of chatoyancy because of the translucency of some of the colors. (You can get a little better indication if you click on the thumbnails and zoom in). Tim makes some really spectacular blanks.

I replaced the Rollerball refill with a blue Pilot G2 Gel ink.

Regards,
Dave

View attachment 354819

View attachment 354812
View attachment 354813
View attachment 354814
View attachment 354815
View attachment 354816
View attachment 354817
View attachment 354818
Great looking Pen.

Top Bottom