Yes, I am still making pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from darrin1200

darrin1200

It's been a while since I posted a pen up. This is one I just finished for a client.
Tasmanian Eucalyptus Burl with in-house black Alumilite
Bronze accent rings and a Damascus clip.
Fitted with a polished #6 Jowo Medium nib.

The Burl came from Amos De Pasquale. I was able to get a box of unique woods from him that guard protectively. He was a good man and a fabulous maker.

IMG_6201.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BULLWINKLE

It's been a while since I posted a pen up. This is one I just finished for a client.
Tasmanian Eucalyptus Burl with in-house black Alumilite
Bronze accent rings and a Damascus clip.
Fitted with a polished #6 Jowo Medium nib.

The Burl came from Amos De Pasquale. I was able to get a box of unique woods from him that guard protectively. He was a good man and a fabulous maker.

View attachment 369398
In a league of its own. Truly magnificent craftsmanship !!!!!

d_bondi

The combination of black and bronze really do the amazing burl justice. How did you make and attach the clip?

Lmstretch

A beautiful pen! The Burl is truly amazing, and goes well with the clip and black alumilite with the brass accent rings. Thanks for posting this.

darrin1200

The combination of black and bronze really do the amazing burl justice. How did you make and attach the clip?
Thanks.
For the Tab I use a piece of stainless. (0.05 Full Hard). Cut and shape it to fit the finial of the cap and bend the tab to give me the right distance.
IMG_6206.jpeg

I cut and shaped the clip from a piece I got from Alabama Damascus.
I do my shaping with a hacksaw, files, a viel sander and Drexel grinding stones.
I milled a small 1/8" slot in the back near the top.
Don't ask how I do that, because I don't have the right tools and the Health and Safety nuts would have a field day with me. Needless to say, this is one reason why I would like a small mill.
Then I silver solder the tab into the back of the clip. Still working on this skill.
IMG_6204.jpeg

d_bondi

Thanks.
For the Tab I use a piece of stainless. (0.05 Full Hard). Cut and shape it to fit the finial of the cap and bend the tab to give me the right distance.

I cut and shaped the clip from a piece I got from Alabama Damascus.
I do my shaping with a hacksaw, files, a viel sander and Drexel grinding stones.
I milled a small 1/8" slot in the back near the top.
Don't ask how I do that, because I don't have the right tools and the Health and Safety nuts would have a field day with me. Needless to say, this is one reason why I would like a small mill.
Then I silver solder the tab into the back of the clip. Still working on this skill.
Thanks for sharing this in such detail!!

Top Bottom