Xtool d1 laser rotary problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chriscb

Evening,
Can some one who has oodles of knowledge about lasers please shed some light on an irksome problem I have with a Xtool D1 laser.
I'm using the most upto date D1 firmware, and software - both Lightburn (v1 1 04) and Laserbox (v1.2.0). The problem is that on burning a simple design on to a round cylinder (wood) the text is skewed but a straight line with text isn't. Burning the same file from Laserbox doesn't result in a skewed image. Am I correct in thinking that this points to a Lightburn/D1 interpretation problem? Just for completeness the settings were 300/20, single pass. The rotary settings were 32mm / rotation with 17mm roller diameter.

Burning flat images are fine - a 100mm square is square and a 100mm circle is round.

So the question is what can I do to correct the issue?

The images show the skewed text in a square, a single letter on a straight line and finally the image from Laserbox.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Regards,
Chriscb.

Attachments

• IMG_3002.png
    IMG_3002.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3003.png
    IMG_3003.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 109
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joebobber

It sounds like the belt is slipping a little.
I have 1 that the bed is a rotary so it only does round things, and it doesn't go small enough for pens. Is that what you have?

Last edited:

Chriscb

It sounds like the belt is slipping a little.
I have 1 that the bed is a rotary so it only does round things, and it doesn't go small enough for pens. Is that what you have?
Thanks for the reply. The rotary has adjustable rollers so it can cope with pens through to cans. I have found a solution though. It is indeed slipping - but not of the belts but of the wooden cylinder (pen body) on the rollers. What I found was that the rapid short movement of the rollers was causing the pen body to move out of position. Changing the burn to fill rather than line eliminated the rapid movements and the result was good. No doubt this was plainly obvious to experienced users of this kit, but as I'm not, it was bit of a mystery. The pens have been presented to the recipients - a Professor and a pair of Doctors - speakers at a medical conference. They were delighted, which is just as well!

Regards,
Chriscb

Aurelius

If your issue is the part slipping, see if you can find a wide rubber band that is small enough to wrap around the body. Just use two, as far apart as you can, so as to not induce any wobble and that should give you are great grip. They use that trick a lot when working with aluminum travel mugs because they have even more of a tendency to slip.

Chriscb

If your issue is the part slipping, see if you can find a wide rubber band that is small enough to wrap around the body. Just use two, as far apart as you can, so as to not induce any wobble and that should give you are great grip. They use that trick a lot when working with aluminum travel mugs because they have even more of a tendency to slip.
That's a great idea - thanks. I've another batch of 27 pens due for August so I'll try that out.
Thanks for your input.
Chriscb

Chriscb

Thanks for the input - and sorry for the late 'thanks'. The bands work very well.
Chriscb

Top Bottom