Xiamen Rizheng review

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mywoodshopca

Charlottetown, PEI Canada, Derby Kansas and Canyon
Upon searching here, I never saw too much info on the Xiamen Rizheng company.

I thought I would write a quick review for others thinking about ordering from them.

I dealt with Jack, very nice, good english and helpful.

I ordered a bunch of slimlines in gunmetal and black chrome, couple cigar, some bushings, 2 acrylics & 30 tubes.. Built 3 (2 slims and 1 cigar), no real problems at all. One slim nib seemed a little tight going into the tube as a test fit (no ca or glue in the tube) but a quick filing fixed it. The center bands were a slight bit loose but the overall kits were in great shape. Good budget pens.

Transmissions move smoothly in the ones I tested.

Bushings seems to be good quality, the slims are a slight bit thinner then the others that came with my mandrel (.002 mm smaller diameter) and is not noticable. (Had none of the other bushing types to compare)

Order was correct, and shipping was about 1 week. (including a few days delay in Canada. No customs fees)

The shipping may seem a bit pricey (but they are sent fast and airmail)

Overall, a good first experience ordering from them and would order again. :)

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mywoodshopca

I think DocStram would really appreciate it if you write up a review in his Product Review subforum...

(and don't quote me on this, but there MAY be some prizes up for grabs if you write a review! :wink:)

Thanks! I forgot about that forum :redface:

I will pm him to see if he wants an actual detailed review done.

Thanks Jason

Daniel

Just an extra comment on there shipping costs. Keep in mind that they charge $27.00 for the first kg of an order. after that it drops to around $7.00 for each additional kg. if you can get an order large enough that high shipping cost becomes a very good shipping cost considering it is express right to your door. I have had orders large enough in the past that sipping was around $8.00 per kg or about $4.00 per lb.

sbell111

I've ordered from them on a number of occasions.

I have found that I do recieve a small percentage of unusable items for one reason or another. When I have reported this to them, they have agreed to send replacements with my next order. For this reason, I always order more than I need and factor it into my cost analysis.

I have also found that there is a 'sweet spot' as far as their shipping cost. I generally fiddle with my order until it I find where the shipping bumps to the next level and then I back off one item. Unfortunately, the fact that they are frequently out of some items messes with this plan because you won't know that they are out of stock until they email you a PI.

Edited to add that there are some items that I no longer order from Rizheng. The example that comes to mind is their Polaris kit. I had a number of issues with the clip breaking for no apparent reason at the worse possible moment. Naturally, they sent me replacement clips, but I dare not offer them to customers. (If I give you a pen as a gift, don't be surprised to get a Polaris).

Last edited:

RMB

Website? I assume they're overseas, never heard of them. I go to woodnwhimsies for my lowend kits, they've been good to me, so I'll probably stick with them, but the selection isn't the best.

traderdon55

I have ordered from them several times with good luck. The only real problem I had was when they tried a cheaper shipping method for their acrylics that was supposed to take 30 to 60 days. After 4 months they finally admitted the shipment was lost somewhere and gave me a credit for the amount of the order plus a 10% discount on my next order for my trouble. Overall they are a very good company,the only problem I have with them is quite often they are out of stock on certain items I need when I get ready to order and I have to wait to order after they restock because due to the high overseas shipping I order several hundred dollars worth at a time to get my per unit shipping cost down. If you don't mind ordering larger orders to balance out the shipping I would recommend them as all of my air freight orders have arrived in 5 days or less.

Hayseedboy

How much do you save per kit compared to the suppliers here in the states? Any examples would be great.

LR

Daniel

Alfred, Here is what I know. Yes they tripped when they first came here. Actually got themselves banned. Managed to get themselves reinstated and fouled up again. including steeling the format of the group to start there own group. which as far as I know now was a near total failure. This "Robbing" the group and spamming the members was not taken well at all by Jeff. as far as I know they where and still are permanently banned from the group.
I also organized a group buy through them under the heat of all these issues as well as many comments about poor quality. the Buy did manage to go through with some comments on my part that I new good and well that I was sticking my neck out and giving them a chance they did not deserve. the first group buy went well. the second not so well with issues of product quality being the problem. keep in mind I had been in numerous conversations with them about the issue of quality and expected them to take utmost care in regard to this issue. obviously they where not taking it seriously. basically as far as I am concerned they have thrown chance after chance to redeem themselves to the wind and have no intention of correcting the problems.
I have recently been contacted by them regarding my last pen mill group buy. they where concerned that I had not placed the order through their company. they are trying to reestablish themselves as the supplier of the mills. I don't think their chances are good though. Vera has gone far and above to show herself as attentive and respectful of this group. I think i like dealing with her.

Last edited:

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam
I have had a few orders from this company,nothing wrong with the quality for the price, for me as a small orderer its seems that $21 US is what I aim for as a cutoff point ,as has been noted not all listed stuff on site is in stock so can mess up a bit. My only real problem is that they have a "picture " site ,and a "retail" site, a lot of items appear on one site ,but not on the other,queries on this seem to hit a brick wall. notwithstanding the ever polite "Jack" hehe

Daniel

From what I understand they have a wholesale sight and a retail sight. the prices on the retail are higher but there are no min quantities you need to order.

DocStram

Xiamen Rizheng has, at best, a checkered history with IAP. A search of the archives provides an informative historical overview of their dealings in IAP. You are welcome to read through the archives to learn more about the company and to form your own opinions.

It is important that both the orginal review and followup posts provide accurate, objective reviews of this company as well as others who supply penturners.

Even though this is a controversial topic, I appreciate the effort that everyone has made, thus far, to keep the posts objective and accurate. Reporting your experiences accurately allows each of us to make our own judgements.

Great job, you guys!

mywoodshopca

Follow up:
Well, the pen kits I got worked out very well.
Teachers pen - good quality kit, one defective nib (nib hole was too small to let the ink cartridge out) and they are replacing on my next order.
Slimlines - Very good. Few center bands were a little loose, but nothing that caused a problem. Nibs and stuff all pressed in good and tight without the use of any ca..
Cigar pens - Very good. No problems at all.
Euro - Very good. No problems at all.
Spare tubes - Excellent. They fit their kits perfect and also some PSI kits, no difference in quality, size or anything.
I placed another order and it was shipped with tracking about 4 hours later and they are sending the replacement nib with it. This next order is some secret compartment keychains, more teachers and slims, a sierra, a fountain and some velvet pouches.
Once I get this order and test things I will do another followup on quality, etc..

Top Bottom