Wanted WTB - Mirage pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PatrickR

I am looking for some Dayacom Mirage Rollerball kits, any plating. These must be discontinued as I can't find stock at any of the normally suppliers.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

A Mirage .... not a name I am familiar with. . . Can you possibly show a completed Mirage pen, please ? . . or post a link to a pic of one.

magpens

Thanks, John. . I agree 100%. . I would like to give it a try also, but buying directly from Dayacom is impossible. 😪😪😪

jttheclockman

Thanks, John. . I agree 100%. . I would like to give it a try also, but buying directly from Dayacom is impossible. 😪😪😪
It is not impossible just need to get Ed to buy some kits. I am sure these would be a good seller. They are a clean but rich looking kit. I see the fountain pen kit on their site but not the rollerball. Now we need to find the thread where the person from Dayacom joined the site not long ago and see where he went to. I know we asked him to make kits more available to us but he never answered.

Here was an older thread but that went nowhere to.
https://www.penturners.org/threads/clarification-from-dayacom.74211/

Here is the thread I was thinking about and look at the post count of the representative from Dayacom. He comes here to advertise his new kit but does nothing to help us.
https://www.penturners.org/threads/harry-houdini-dayacom-pen-kit.167651/

Last edited:

magpens

@jttheclockman

I see that the first thread you referenced is 10 yrs old. . "Monty", the IAP Group Buy Co-ordinator, even suggested a Group Buy from Dayacom at that time. . I wonder if that post by Monty was ever read by Mr. Lee.

A Group Buy would make the "impossible" possibly "possible" and I had thought of that before I read Monty's post

The MOQ ( Minimum Order Quantity ) for that kit is 500. . It would be very hard to get that size of order within the membership of IAP.

I have the feeling that Mr. Lee was not seriously extending any "buying opportunity" to IAP, although he seemed to kind of "hint" at that.

PatrickR

Exotic is where I've gotten them before. I like them and have some casting things I want to try out. This kit has the most meat on the tube of any I have seen.
The bottom two are Mirage
bab9e13b2f128a3a1696343193a69ae3.jpg

jttheclockman

Mal at one time and I can not find it but I believe the MOQ was dropped to 50 on their pens. Can not remember where I read that. I know that 500 number is wrong. It may not be 50 but it is less than 500. It may have been Ed who did the digging with them. This has been discussed here many times and it is ashame we can not tap into their list of pens as easily as it should be. Having a store setup here in the states can not be that hard but it seems they just do not need our $$$$ Now there was dealer that asked here for a list of Dayacom pens that we would like to see carried. Again I would have to search for that thread. I see that most their highend kits are between 30 and 150 MOQ. I guess it depends on the kit and the value of them. I do not know how they figure those things. I can see the $100 kits being less amount but there are lower value kits that are as low in quantity.

Here is one of those threads. If anything it makes for interesting reading.
https://www.penturners.org/threads/your-favorite-dayacom-pen-kits.131042/

And more
https://www.penturners.org/threads/buying-retail-from-dayacom.131619/

Last edited:

PatrickR

I think that a group of retailers should get together and do a group buy. The smaller places could expand their lines!

I still have two of these kits but would love to get a few more!

jttheclockman

I think that a group of retailers should get together and do a group buy. The smaller places could expand their lines!

I still have two of these kits but would love to get a few more!

That one would be a problem because the vendors compete with each other. I am sure you will hear the vendors side too about cost to have that inventory because they do not sell well due to prices, then there is insurance on shipment, taxes and fees to ship. It has been an ongoing story we have tried to get some help and there are a few vendors that carry some of their kits at times but seems when they are gone they are gone and do not get reordered because of above reasons. If China can set up retail stores on the west coast like they do why can not Tawain??

PatrickR

There are many examples of competitors coming together for the common good.
Dayacom has chosen a particular business model and are sticking to it.

TonyL

• Exotic Blanks
  • Turners Warehouse
  • RandBCrafts
  • Classic Nib
  • CSUSA
There's one more vendor that I know carries Dayacom, but I can't remember. I would think there are plenty more that I am not aware of.
Not all of the above carries the full Dayacom line.

PatrickR

^ yes but none of them currently have the Mirage.
I looked again and found I have three. Possibly one of those places will restock the Mirage.

TonyL

^ yes but none of them currently have the Mirage.
I looked again and found I have three. Possibly one of those places will restock the Mirage.

Sorry Patrick....i should have read the earlier posts more carefully.

Csteck00

I am looking for some Dayacom Mirage Rollerball kits, any plating. These must be discontinued as I can't find stock at any of the normally suppliers.
Thanks

Hello Patrick...I think I have a couple of these, let me take a look tonight when I get home and if you are still interested, let me know.

Chris

Csteck00

Thanks Chris,
Yes, please let me know, i may ruin a few trying out my ideas.
Pat

Hey Patrick I have 2 - 1 chrome and 1 gunmetal. I don't remember what I paid for them, so if you will shoot me a fair price and $5.00 to ship them, they are all yours....I'll toss in the bushings as well.

Let me know what you think

Chris

Top Bottom