WS3000

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mdburn_em

I love mine. I use it for chisels and plane irons. Does a great job.

I also bought an attachment that allows you to use Tormek jigs. I don't think this is available anymore. I've used it to sharpen/profile skews and re-profile my spindlemaster. I'm planning on using it to sharpen my carving gouges. I think it will work pretty well for that.

One of the best things I bought for it was a thin 80 grit diamond plate for it. Really makes re-profiling quicker. The thin plate is supported by the glass disk

What do you want to sharpen with it?

WriteON

What do you want to sharpen with it?
Interested in skews for now. I'll have to do that free hand on top but it should work. Maybe Rick H. can fabricate some kind of platform or jig. Got the machine today. It's unpacked on the bench... just getting set up. It appears to be a nice piece of equipment, I'm pretty upbeat for now. Will follow up.

WriteON

What is your grit sequence using the supplied papers that come with the kit. What do you start with?

mdburn_em

Interested in skews for now. I'll have to do that free hand on top but it should work. Maybe Rick H. can fabricate some kind of platform or jig. Got the machine today. It's unpacked on the bench... just getting set up. It appears to be a nice piece of equipment, I'm pretty upbeat for now. Will follow up.
This is what I use for skews and I also have an attachment for gouges. It works pretty well.
Darex discontinued it. I have no idea why. Perhaps you could find one on eBay or you might be able to McGyver one.

mdburn_em

What is your grit sequence using the supplied papers that come with the kit. What do you start with?
It really depends on what I'm doing.
I have 80 grit and 150 grit diamond plates that I've purchased from Amazon when I have some heavy re-profiling to do.
If I'm flattening the back of something, I will start at 120 and see how much I have to do.
I purchased several extra glass disks. I bought 600, 800, 1200, 1500 and 2000 PSA sanding media as well
I have since realized that's over-kill. I've started going with the 120, 220, 400, 1000 and mm disk. By the time I get that last one done, I've got a pretty good mirror polish.
I bought the leather strop disk. I think that was a $30 bill wasted. Maybe I'll still find it useful. Idk.
I've built a stand for it a la Stumpy Nubs. I think that's worth making.

Top Bottom