Write of Spring!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Larry in Harrow

The last snow fall we got in early March was that heavy wet stuff.
Our poor snow shovel just couldn't handle it (pun intended) and failed catastrophically.
Shovel_Wood-Pile_SSH.jpg

When I was harvesting the handle for it's thermal value I discovered it was an interesting species.
Maybe Ash, but lets call it SSH (Snow Shovel Handle).
This presented and opportunity for an act of defiance
(and a little contempt), one I simply could not resist.

Wood-Pile_SSH.jpg

In you face Old Man Winter!!!

%2311037_Longtube-Clicker_SSH.jpg

First is a Gold Longtube Clicker in SSH. Finish is CA over dyed pore filler.

%2311038_Cigar-Click_SSH-OnePiece.jpg

A Gold Cigar Click Pen with a one piece SSH barrel. Finish is also CA over dyed pore filler.

%2311039_Slimline-Pencil_SSH-OnePiece.jpg

A Slimline Pencil with SSH one piece barrel. Finish is CA over dyed pore filler.

%2311040_Jr-Marshall_SSH-OnePiece_1.jpg

A Junior Marshall Rollerball in SSH, finished with CA over dyed pore filler.
%2311040_Jr-Marshall_SSH-OnePiece_2.jpg

The Jr. Marshall's snowflake endcap motif seemed appropriate.

Take that Jack Frost!!!

There, now I feel better. The same fate will befall that damn rake handle should I step on it hidden in the grass this summer.
Thanks for looking. Hope you got a chuckle out of it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

Hey Larry, you're welcome to have my shovel as well , but on condition that 'snow' may never return to my driveway. Nice use of recycled material. Lovely work.

ctubbs

Larry, I am so proud of you. That is very inventive for a piece of trash. Now me, I would have thrown the whole thing in the back of the tool shed, where it would have lain for years or until I had fallen over it several times, whereupon it would have then been donated to the burn pile. Not you , no not the Larry we all know, no, he takes a piece of trash and turns it into a whole bevy of beautiful pens.
Way to go, Larry. You did real good.
Charles

Andrew_K99

Great job Larry! That looks like the shovel I have in my backyard that is also splitting where the handle meets the scope. Now I know what to do with it when it gives in.

cnirenberg

Great looking pens, much better than that old snow shovel. It is amazing what you find. Coincidentally, we had a plunger handle "fail in use". One of those yellow plastic doohickeys. I kept that crappy old thing (pun intended) for a future use. You now have inspired me to use it. Thanks.

jttheclockman

Well I got to tell you, anyone who uses a cane or even a walker better not go past ole Larry. He has his eyes set on the material.:biggrin:

You showed old man winter. We are right now having abit of snow again and the shovel is safe at least for this storm.

Nice job.

Top Bottom