Wrench pen problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

I just finished a Wood River wrench pen kit, #162262. Followed the directions to a T. The refill won't retract inside the nib but leaves enough refill out to write with. I measured the replacement tube and it corresponds to the length of the finished tube and blank. I could add a small spacer of some sort between the blank and the nib adapter. My next dilemma is how to disassemble it. Twist pens are no problem for me but this has me stumped. Help is appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

Sorry I can't help it's not like my wrench pen kit. 😂😂
Lin

Attachments

• B905B7AE-1CA9-47BB-B340-D24397EB84C3.jpeg
    B905B7AE-1CA9-47BB-B340-D24397EB84C3.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 192

WriteON

I haven't used this kit but can you shorten the refill to make it work?
Maybe the refill is not seated entirely? Can use little "push" to get into the click mechanism tube?
OR: DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN...back off slightly... Slide large Spring (E) onto unthreaded portion of Click Assembly Connector (F). Thread the assembly (E, F,G) onto
the end of the Click Mechanism (D). Caution: Do not over tighten the assembly onto the Click Mechanism.

Last edited:

Woodchipper

WriteON, I'll consult the instructions to get a fix on what you are saying. The refill is a Parker and I would think the end needs to have the notches for proper operation. First thing is to make sure the refill is in the mechanism. Thanks.

Woodchipper

You got my curiosity up- where do you get the components or kit for the spanner pen. I think I see what might be the the Dayacom lettering. My son is an engineer. His son made the wrench pen a couple of years ago. Might have a market in the engineering department and the machine shop.

Top Bottom