Would you care to support IAP?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
---* I'm posting this with the approval of Jeff. *---

Being stuck inside last week, had me stir-crazy so, I got the idea to make a coaster to compliment my new mug. I haven't actually cut it yet, mostly because the machine I use, is in an unheated building. However, I do have it rendered, and ready to start the cutting.
I thought I would offer these to those that purchased a mug, and for those that missed out on a mug.

This post is just to gauge interest to see if it is viable.
As my way of saying thank you, and to give back, I will donate 10% to IAP.

The dimensions are approximately 4" x 3-11/16", and will be cut from 1/4" white solid surface. Ideally, the fill color would closely match the upper color of the mug but, if that can't be matched, I think probably brown would be the best alternative.

I considered a cork backing but, I'm unsure how that would hold up to washing. Feel free to share your thoughts for the cork back.

The cost will be determined based on interest, since running in quantity will reduce set-up and run time.

There are two caveats:

1- the machine is in an unheated building so, it could take a week or two until I could cut them. If there is enough interest, I could find an efficient way to warm it up and cut a larger run, just to get them finished and shipped.

2- I don't have PayPal ( no credit cards, and we just don't trust allowing access to our account ) so, sending a check or money order would be the best payment option. I understand if that is a problem for some.

Post your thoughts and interest.

This is the rendering, and I will actually post a photo of the one I make for myself, when I finish it.

ctO4BB2.png

Thanks!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

John--i'd take one for my office, maybe a second for home depending on price. I'll still be drinking coffee in the spring & summer--so no need to be cold in my opinion!!
earl

TonyL

I would take one depending on the price. I can also just send the IAP money. Up to you. Nice design though.

Terredax

Banned
I'll give it a couple of weeks to see if there's enough interest.
Maybe it will be warm enough by then, that heating won't be a concern.

Terredax

Banned
I expected more interest, and based on the twelve or so that are interested, the cost would be what I consider much too high for a coaster.
I can only get 1/4" solid surface in either half or full sheets, so even at a half sheet, it's not practical.

I apologize to those that showed interest, and I apologize to Jeff for being unable to make the donation from these.

Please consider this to be closed.

Jim15

Thanks for offering.

I expected more interest, and based on the twelve or so that are interested, the cost would be what I consider much too high for a coaster.
I can only get 1/4" solid surface in either half or full sheets, so even at a half sheet, it's not practical.

I apologize to those that showed interest, and I apologize to Jeff for being unable to make the donation from these.

Please consider this to be closed.

Top Bottom