Worthless wood question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

As I previously mentioned I got alot of ironwood and some of it has some really punky cavities. Can I cast these without a pressure pot? I also have some smaller pieces that would make some great worthless wood casts. I am not setup yet to cast but would like to know if you htink it is worth it. I know I would need to clean them up first which will be a small chore but worth it I think.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philb

Did you ever get an answer Seer? would also like to know if Worthless casting is able and actually feasible without a pot!

Im guessing its do-able but don't know whether it will work satisfactory for filling all the cracks etc?

Manny

I can cast a few sticks in my pot for you if you would like. A chunk or 2 would more than cover the cost of Resin/time/shipping back

Shoot me a PM if you are interested

Manny

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
To directly answer the question...you really need pressure to get the best void filling. Without pressure, you will have lots of voids that did not get penetration.

lorbay

HF but if you see Curtis's post (http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51588&highlight=pressure+pot) on pressure pots he advices you get one that will take a little more pressure than the HF. He uses Binks pots and they have been in the pressure painting biz for a ton of yrs. I have one that is a China knock off of the HF but it takes 80 psi. I think the HF pots are around $50+.

Lin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom