Working through our first kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hippie3180

My husband and I are working in tandom on our first kitless. I was a bit overwhelmed by it initially, but so far watching and making threads has not been near as complicated as I thought. The set we bought has pretty helpful instructions(thanks for the suggestion Don) and the Mr. kind of "gets it." Anyway, we have our first internal and external threads.

You can see the threads before the relief cut, the relief cut and the fit. Also, it's 101 in the garage with 60 degree dew point, but we have priorities, am I right? 😂

Oh, and yes it's Barbie pink cause why not? Actually, I bought a lot of practice blanks from someone selling off some old inventory and Barbie pink was one. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Attachments

• IMG_1928.jpeg
    IMG_1928.jpeg
    478.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1933.jpeg
    IMG_1933.jpeg
    312.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1934.jpeg
    IMG_1934.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1931.jpeg
    IMG_1931.jpeg
    380.9 KB · Views: 97
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JamesC

My husband and I are working in tandom on our first kitless. I was a bit overwhelmed by it initially, but so far watching and making threads has not been near as complicated as I thought. The set we bought has pretty helpful instructions(thanks for the suggestion Don) and the Mr. kind of "gets it." Anyway, we have our first internal and external threads.

You can see the threads before the relief cut, the relief cut and the fit. Also, it's 101 in the garage with 60 degree dew point, but we have priorities, am I right? 😂

Oh, and yes it's Barbie pink cause why not? Actually, I bought a lot of practice blanks from someone selling off some old inventory and Barbie pink was one. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Love the Pink! Have fun…careful with that relief cut…consider cutting some of the initial threads out of the cap. Just a thought. Jim

Top Bottom