Working on My New Shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

I just moved to Oregon - Medford/Ashland area - and I'm setting up my shop in the third bay of the garage. I have someone coming this week to build the insulated wall and door and an electrician coming to add 110 outlets and wire 220 for the lathe and 220 for the heater. I decided to go with the G-floor® Levant floor roll over the concrete with a partial section being floored with interlocking garage pads for added comfort. I have insulated the garage door fully and have a closet for the dust collection system with the remote switch sold by Rockler. I'm working on where everything will go. For those of you who have built a shop - let me know what you find as essentials.

I'm looking forward to being back up and running. I've been working full time for the past 7 years and this move will hopefully allow me more time in the shop to get the MartinPens.com business back up and active. I did sell a custom Cigar Illusion® pen recently so that helps. I have so many things I want to make. I wish I could just retire and do this full time, but I'll be needing to get a part time job here. Oregon is beautiful! So glad we have moved here.

I look forward to suggestions and general chat comments.
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

Congratulations!

my only suggestion is to use all 3 bays for your shop. 😊
I had the entire two car garage at the last place. Needed to negotiate with my wife on this move. But believe me, I was thinking of how to work it. I was going to negotiate for the two car space - but the single car space has the electric panel and is deeper, so that made more sense.

Top Bottom